• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Fedodo how about that Zegna?

Comment

JC has his eyes on the prize. :-)

Comment

@Jason: are you talking about the shirts?

Comment

Oops, sorry... That was Don M with the houndstooth Zegna sportcoat.

Comment

Sorry, no camera. Got some Florsheim Royal Imperial longwings (v cleat) for $3 today in cognac. They are long enough, but way too narrow. I would guess that they are 8.5 B, but who knows. Going to look into having them stretched. If not... ebay. I can't find the size on them which will be annoying if I try to sell them.

Man these things are nice, though. If these don't work out maybe I'll have to finally pull the trigger on some longwings from ebay.

Comment

Thanks for the interest guys, I will get it measured later today when I get out of class. I have a good feeling today and may swing by with the sole intent of finding the grey suit I've been looking for.

Comment

Hey Don,

If your measurements are around my measurements, I will take it!

Shoulders: 17.5"

Chest: 36"

We'll talk pricing via email, mystix @ gmail.com

Thrifting note: Its quite hard finding items in my size for small people. What is the deal with that? Are there just less of us out there? We don't donate clothes like big people? or there are just more "cheap" small people? LOL

I did score a brioni tie yesterday. I left behind two zegna ties but they were hideous. will people buy anything Zegna?

Comment

@mystix, it's a combination of there being less small guys and guys being smaller when they're younger (and poorer) and not dressing as nicely.

I just went and picked up a staple grey 42L Hickey Freeman in very good condition, an AMAZING Prince of Wales brown with red overcheck wool Pendleton shirt which is unfortunately a size XL, 2 Zegna ties (okay looking), an ugly Brioni tie, and a really cool wool Orvis tie that kinda looks like tweed.

Comment

I found a Nautica sport coat on my lunch break. Nothing fancy, but it fits and it was $3. It's hard to even describe the pattern, but it's kind of a small blue/navy alternating gingham on a camel field. It actually goes pretty well with what I'm wearing today. Maybe I should post another WIWT pic.

Comment

@Don what size are you? I've got lots of suits, mostly Hickey Freeman

Comment

Jason, you're always finding stuff in my size making it hard for me to resist buying it off of you. Can you post pics of the XL Pendleton shirt when you get a chance?

Comment

Here's the shirt:

Here's the ties:

Comment

[Edit] Oops, think I posted in the wrong thread.

I don't have any exciting thrifting news. Salvo was closed due to "inclement weather" today, which was absurd since the snow isn't even sticking to the roads. Savers and Goodwill were same-old, same-old. I found a pair of black Karl Lagerfeld women's jeans that I'm going to send to a friend of mine, though. I wasn't really looking for them but they were hanging in the fitting room I used and I noticed they happened to be the right size.

Ben

Comment

@Anyone interested in the Zegna Sport Coat

Just took the measurements (full disclosure it was my first time measuring a garment but the guide was pretty idiot-proof... I hope):

Pit to Pit: 21"

Waist: 20"

Shoulder: 18.5"

Length: 28.5"

Sleeves: 23.5"

I'm guessing its a silk/wool blend but again couldn't find any tags. In excellent condition, I looked it over for a solid 10 minutes and I couldn't find any wear, stains, etc. Could strap on new tags and put this back on the rack at Barney's. Made in Spain, two button with dual side vents. I can't feel the fabric from the lining on the sleeve so can't say how much, if at all, the sleeve can be let down. If I drop by a tailor before it finds a new home I'll be sure to ask, but don't see myself having the time to make a special trip.

Don't really know what those measurements amount to, but I'm sticking to my guess of 36 or 38.

Comment

Pretty sure it's not a 36. I'm a 36R and the shoulders on most of my jackets are more like 17".

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X