Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@jose_jackson: BTW, I don't know the exact size, but by the way the shoulders hang off the hanger, I'm guessing that pink blazer is larger than a 38R.

Comment

If you own a pair of dark/chocolate brown lace-ups or loafers, you're set.

Comment

@Dan: I don't. :-) I prefer lighter, redder browns. I have smoe medium brown boat shoes, but they're rather chunky.

Comment

With a pink blazer, I'd probably wear a white shirt, navy or black tie, dark jeans, and brown wingitps.

Ben

Comment

@BenR: Don't you wear everything with dark jeans and brown shoes? ;-) j/k

Comment

Why, yes. Yes I do. B-)

Ben

Comment

Went at lunch.

Found a pair of AE Arlington burgundy kilted tassel loafers, size 10.5C that seem to fit. There's one spot where the insole sticks up at the turn where the arch is... Any idea how to stick that down?

Also picked up:

Brooks Brothers merino wool green with tan argyle pattern sweater vest, size M

3x Brooks Brothers polos, salmon, light green, and salmon with green & white stripes

NWOT J Crew navy cords, 33x32 or so

The polos and cords might be available depending on fit and how much I like them when I get home

Comment

How much are Zegna suits worth for flipping? Saw one on my lunch break, but they wanted $30 for it. :-P

Comment

Made by Zegna, or Zegna fabric? Z Zegna or Zegna mainline? Very different answers depending on the answers to those questions.

Don't be fooled by fabric tags for Loro Piana or Zegna fabric... That just means the fabric will be nice, but the tailoring could be crap.

Comment

It was "Ermenegildo Zegna for Neiman Marcus" or something like that. If it's worth going back for, I bet it'll still be there since it was rather large and the price should dissuade anyone who's not interested in flipping it.

Comment

@ JC - The AEs you sent me just arrived and they work great. Thanks! :-)

Ben

Comment

@Alan Yes, definitely worth it if it's not a completely wacky size. Even then probably.

@BenR glad you like them! They seemed to be in pretty good condition, just need some TLC.

Comment

@JC: Thanks. I'll go give it a second shot. It's probably a 44 or 46. I'll have to measure it up to know for sure.

Comment

@jose_jackson: I'm not keeping the pink blazer, but it's an XL. I'm not sure what that corresponds to, but defiantly too big. I'm going to throw it up on ebay soon, unless anyone else here is interested

Comment

@Fedodo: Well XL is definitely too big for me, and I'm not particularly skinny. I'm out.

Comment

Working...
                                X