Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome find on the peacoat - they're so boss. Those ones cost $150 in my army/navy store.

Comment

@BenR - hm... I'm still interested even if it doesn't have a V-Cleat. Is it made in the USA?

Comment

Picked up 2 HF suits, one 41R, one 42R... The 42R has obviously been taken in at the waist and fits me very well, so I may keep it.

Also a Gieves & Hawkes made by HF DB navy pinstripe sportcoat... fits me well

2 HF 16x34 dress shirts, very nice... probably available if anyone wants them since I have a lot of shirts

1 Errepi Veste Italian dress shirt, also 16x34, very nice

Allen Edmonds Globetrotters, size 11C... not the greatest but okay... available

Comment

Also, these guys are on the trading/selling block. 10 C.

Comment

Wish they were wider... Oh, well

Comment

They're actually too wide for me, which is strange. 4 1/8 inches at the widest part.

Comment

Today on my lunch break, for the first time since I started hitting up thrift stores, I finally saw 2 pairs of AE's and a pair of Mezlans. Even still, none of them were worth flipping. They were either too ugly to flip, too expensive to make a profit, or just too beat up to be worth anything (or some combination of the three).

Comment

Went yesterday and picked up a few more nice things.

Zegna 5 pocket cords X2. New favorite pants. A bit of a step up from LEC

Ted Baker Pinstipe pants. I don't know much about the brand, but they seem nice and fit well

Zanella Platinum pants. Not really my style, but they were too nice to leave

Giorgio Armani Linen Pants

Psycho Bunny Polo Shirt. Not my size so its on ebay. It is actually really nice. Even has mother of pearl buttons

Comment

Hey all, I'd like to start thrifting some more and I realized the other day while I was giving it a shot that I am terrible with brand names especially house brands. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what to keep an eye out for?

Also, I haven't been keeping up with this thread, is there a beginners guide to thrifting post anywhere in these twenty pages?

Comment

dblplay- Put This On has a lot of great info on thrifting. http://putthison.com/tagged/How_to_Thrift%20%20

Comment

Went today and while I didn't find any clothes, I did pick up about 50 wooden hangers. Now to go through and change all my shirts from the plastic ones to the new ones.

Comment

Found a 39R Navy Brooks Brothers blazer to replace the low-quality blazer I bought for $4 two weeks ago. Just in time for the cruise!

Comment

Went to a few places today:

Woolrich parka XL like the one I picked up for myself, great coat if someone wants it

HF suit, grey with gold stripe, 40R

HF slacks, around 34-36 I think

Banana Republic brown herringbone 34x30 pants for me (I think)

Really cool Polo RL green flannel suit, around a 38-40S

Versace Classic navy with light blue stripe shirt

Scottish Tartan tie w/ Ferguson tartan

and, my favorite, an awesome 100% silk Ermengildo Zegna paisley scarf, 53" x 9.5" with fringe

Comment

@JC I could be interested in the tartan. Any more details on it? Prefer cotton or wool vs. a silk with that kind of pattern. Pictures would be great as well as of the parka. Thanks

Comment

@Jason, what condition is the Woolrich parka in? Could you post pics? I may be interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X