Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size/type/color of shoes are you guys looking for? The thrifts down here usually have a lot of florsheim wingtips (and I know the florsheims I posted up a bit i the thread are still there), and I find AEs pretty frequently.

Comment

Only brown, not black for me... AE's or better... brogues would be nice. Suede are cool.

If you see AE's in decent condition you should just pick them up. They'll sell either here or on ebay.

Comment

@jonATL - how much are those black longwings? They look like Florsheim Imperials, if I'm not mistaken. I'm a 9.5D but my experience with thrift store finds is that they tend to run big (from being stretched, maybe?). My thrifted AE Strands are 9D and they somehow fit.

Enough babble. I'd like those shoes and anything else 9.5D. My tastes are in line with Jason's - AE's or better (vintage Florsheim, British Walkers, Cheaney, Church's, etc.), suede is cool, brogue is better, and I'd kill for boots.

Comment

Speaking of which, does anyone want/ need some AE black tassel loafers, size 10.5D? They fit me well, but I'm not going to wear them. They're in great shape.

Comment

@Glen, These are florshiem imperials. The black version of these, which I picked up earlier this week

I think they were in pretty good condition — the heel was replaced w/ rubber and they probably have some wear, but not much. I think they were $9. You're in California, right? Shipping them from Atlanta shouldn't be too bad. How much w/ shipping were you thinking?

Comment

I've hit a cold streak too recently. Probably also due to the fact that I'm being more selective.

Comment

Ran across 8 each of white Thomas Pink shirts in 15.5/36; pristine condition with pick stitching and two-button rounded barrel cuffs. Material felt like broadcloth and either no-iron or light starch (they have been dry-cleaned, tags are still on).

Also saw a Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit, alternating striped shirt in 16.5/35. <a>Looks similar to this.</a>

If you want me to pick them up for you, let me ASAP before someone else grabs them.

Comment

@Glen: The shoes were there, and I picked them up. Let me know if you want them.

Comment

Found two identical Harris Tweed Sports Coats today. No other brand on them aside from Harris Tweed. They are in pristine condition and seem unworn. Also have no size indication except for "R.46" inside the right pocket. They don't fit like a 46 b/c they are only slightly too big on me and I wear a 39R usually. Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a nice Thomas Pink in my size

Comment

Measure them up (like this: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/T...easurement.htm) and I'll tell you what size they are.

Comment

Thanks Jason. The first one seems to be around a 42. The second one is maybe a size bigger

Comment

@jonATL - Could you do $30? Anything you're looking for? I prefer to trade over purely cash transactions, but I'm open to either.

Comment

$30 shipped sounds good.

I'm looking for a black/brown captoe in your size, 15.5x32 slim fit shirts (everything from dress white to crazy); have anything in a 40-short blazer?

If nothing else, I could use the money to offset my thrifting purchases.

Let me take some pics of the shoes quickly so you can make sure that's what you want.

Comment

These are great shoes, but they will need a bit of polish. Here are pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7171611...7628959922721/

Comment

This thread, and the community here in general never cease to amaze me. Not only are the finds far better than any I have ever had, the generosity to spread the good luck is just plain awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X