Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice finds. Aks, I'm not into wearing clothes with logos but I'd sport that Apeture Labs track jacket. Sweet find.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

@JC, man where do you live...those are awesome finds!

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

First time I went to this place... I've been striking out on shirts and shoes everywhere else. I was pretty excited, but they do seem to know what the good stuff is... The shirts were marked at $20 but they were having a 25% off sale so I got them for $15. The shoes were marked at $8 but somehow rang up as $5.

Comment

I have a Goodwill store opening up on Oct 12th that's only 5 minutes from home. I'm going to be there the morning it opens to hopefully find some steals.

Comment

Went thrifting for the 4th time this month. Still can't find good shoes that fit. There are 3 pairs of Allen Edmonds casual shoes that are a size too big at my local Goodwill. Dammit. I did find a Brooks Brothers navy blazer.

Thing is, I find a ton of stuff that I know is good and that some of you would enjoy. I still debate whether or not I should buy it and then post it if anyone wants it. Would anybody be interested in doing some sort of thrifting exchange?

That being said, if you need a tweed jacket, I just bought 3 to add to my collection of 4. It is tweed galore at my local thrifts right now.

Comment

Tweed? Yes please! What size are the AE's? We should set up swaps so we can pick up stuff for others out of our size. Me, I'm a 40-42r coat (depends on the cut) and a 10e to 10.5d shoe...

Comment

Damn, @JC. I live in Salinas, CA, and you would do well to thrift here. Most of the nice jackets I find are 42R and the Allen Edmonds (and Bass Weejuns and Ferragamos) are 10.5 and 11. Sadly, I am a 38S-40S and 9.5D-10C. Will try and post pics if I go tomorrow. Warning: I am inexperienced with snail mail and html. Just good at shopping

BTW, how do I post pictures?

Comment

Just put the pic up somewhere like picasaweb or wherever, then put a link here. I don't think there's a way to inline the pics.

Comment

I think Glen is on to something. A thrift exchange, sounds sick...I live in Boston and if you guys live in other parts of the country, maybe we should start something here, cuz i would def be interested in those shoes Glen mentioned as thats my size...lol

I>0<I

Comment

Haha! Get in line!

Yeah, a thrift exchange would be great. I know they have that at Styleforum but I don't know how to get in on it.

Comment

I feel the need... The need for tweed: http://blog.brooksbrothers.com/the-c...for-tweed-3-2/

Comment

I snagged old Pierre Cardin and Yves Saint Laurent ties yesterday at my local Salvation Army, along with a shawl collar red dinner jacket (more novelty than useful). The salvation armies around here have half-off clothes on Wednesdays, not sure if thats a national thing? Jacket + 3 ties = $7.

Comment

@JC, the dirty harry with patches is crazy...i forgot Clint eastwood was stylish lol

I>0<I

Comment

Someone asked about thrift stores in the Twin Cities. I know the question was months ago, but on the odd chance they happen to see this, I can recommend the GoodWill in Saint Paul on University (the regular store, not the outlet) and the Salvation Army in the Warehouse District in Mpls. Two of my favorite shirts, a J.Crew and an H&M, came from the GoodWill for $6 each. The Salvation Army store isn't much to speak of except that they sell Target samples in their basement. So you are basically buying brand new Target stuff for thrift prices. I got a pair of shorts, a shirt, and a pair of pants there for $11 one time. Of course, they mostly have mediums and only a handful of other sizes (I had to dig through a lot of stuff to get my smalls) but if you happen to be a size medium, it's a serious treasure trove.

Ben

Comment

@Matthew - Yeah, my Salvation Army was half off clothing on wednesday. I bought 3 tweed jackets for about $3 each. Sadly, 2 are going back because they have flaws I missed while in store.

I'd like to do a thrift exchange but I'm unsure how. I can take pictures of the items while I'm in store but I'm less inclined to buy straight away until I get interest in the item, in which it might be gone by the time I can retrieve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X