Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure it's two, but it might be three. I'm chained to my desk, and it's sitting in my car 30 feet away. I can see it out the window.

Will provide pics asap.

Comment

LOL ok no rush. :-)

Comment

@Alan, Three buttons! NOOO. I totally understand if this puts you out of the running, but here are some quick and dirty pics anyway. Again it's tagged as a 40R with 33/32 pants. The material is a 60-40 cotton-linen blend. I've looked it over pretty closely, and I can't see anything wrong with it. (Oh, aside from it being made for the Spring '04 collection, if that matters.)

If you want more info, I can send you more pictures than you'd ever want plus detailed measurements.

@JC, here's the 346 rain jacket. It fits me in the shoulders, but is a bit too long and is big in the chest (I wear a 40S usually); I can measure and take more pics if you are intrigued.

button pic with lining:

Comment

Saw a Zegna spread collar today that was in pretty near mint condition and fit me near perfectly everywhere but the next (it was a 15, I need a 15.5 to be able to button it). It was $6, but is it worth picking it up and trying to get the button moved over even if I have already have a shirt in a very similar pattern?

I also saw a ton of Brooks Brothers, TM Lewin and some Lord & Taylor (I didn't see any tags, just "exclusively for.." if memory serves) shirts, all with "Tim" written in the collar. But it's amazing to see them price BB shirts at $8-10 while Zegna or CT shirts sit a few bucks cheaper. And I did see some cotton/poly blend London Fog shirts with cool patterns. I didn't know they made anything besides outerwear.

Comment

@jon I think I'm gonna pass... It's gonna be too cold for a trench coat for the next few months... Or at least it's supposed to be but winter is feeling like spring right now.

Comment

@jon:

NOOO!!! Darnit! It's even the cotton/linen blend I was hoping it would be! I'll have to think it over, but right now I'm leaning towards "no". I've already got a couple of 3-button sport coats that bug me. I don't really feel like adding to that collection.

I would also be enquiring about that raincoat except I recently acquired one I really like. Thanks, anyway.

Comment

For what it's worth, it's a 3-roll-2, not just a 3 button.

Comment

Yeah, I know... but it's a fine line for me. I'll just have to think about it.

Comment

@JC: No problem. It had to be 65ish down here today, but it will be 27 by tomorrow night. This has been a strange, strange winter.

I'll wait a few days and put the trench on ebay.

@Alan: Take your time. I'll put it up on ebay sometime next week, but I wanted to offer it here first. Again, if you want to make me an offer, that's cool too.

Comment

Oh yeah, Alan: we could also trade for something.

Comment

@jonATL: I'm not really sure I have anything to trade at that price point, but I'll keep my eyes open for things that don't suck. Usually if I'm parting ways with something, it's for a reason. :-)

Comment

Not a thrift find, but I bought this yesterday:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170762772313?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1497.l2649

I also found a nice HF sportcoat at a thrift in a puppy-tooth pattern that fits like a 38 short or so if anyone's interested.

Comment

@JC:

Very cool! Don't see something like that every day. :-)

Comment

Alan, OK. Just let me know about the suit.

Comment

I really wish Goodwill would stop breaking up their suit jacket and pants.

All I got today was a 32x32 J Crew seersucker pant. I'll search for/buy retail the suit jacket and get the pants hemmed to a 30 because I've really grown tired of wearing my JosBank seersucker suit.

Comment

Working...
                                X