Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with the extra "s" on the label? Is it even legit?

Comment

Lol... Burberry was known before as Burberrys. Yes it is legit.

They changed their name in 1999. Though they still have a line they produce in china or japan (i forget) where the inside tag of many purses use the labels of "burberrys", still as of today. It is considered a more affordable line offered through burberry.

But any clothing item with the tag labeled "burberrys" is safe to assume it was pre-1999 and yes, it is legit.

Comment

Yeah, "Burberrys" is legit. That's how I scored mine off eBay for cheap. The seller listed it as the label said, "Burberrys," and didn't put the word "Burberry" anywhere in the title or description. It didn't show up in search unless you added the S, so I got mine for less than half the price that I saw similar coats going for.

Ben

Comment

I just learned something today.

Comment

The weather is ugly enough today to warrant the Aquascutum raincoat. After removing the wool liner, I was actually able to fit it fine over a suit. I honestly don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, to be honest. The sleeves come up a bit, but it fits just fine in the shoulders and torso. Score!

Comment

I am in the special hell that is populated by HF orphaned jackets

Comment

What's the most you guys have gotten for shoes you flipped on Ebay? My Park Avenues are up to $61, and that makes me a little nervous. They are completely as described, but they are thrifted shoes. I guess I just didn't expect them to go for that much.

Comment

Not exactly thrifting but close. Yesterday I found a jacket at Marshalls on clearance that had been reduced 3 times. My final price was $20, but its NWT. Original retail (not "compare at") was $125. Note this is not a sportcoat or suit jacket. Its a casual heavy twill jacket with military style details. Sort of a khaki army jacket. The brand sells at Neiman Marcus.

Comment

Just picked up one of these in a 40R with 33/32 pants. http://gearpatrol.com/blog/2007/04/27/banana-republic-modern-twill-khaki-suit/

I thought I'd offer it up here before it went to Ebay (unless someone can tailor it to a short w/o too much trouble)

Pics to come if anyone's interested

Oh, and I'm pretty sure a 40-42R 346 Brooks trench is also up for grabs. This has a small spot on the front, but if you're interested, pics to come.

pretty sure this is it (or is really close): http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

Comment

I'd be interested in pics... Pretty sure it's not that one though. Brooks 346 is their outlet brand and it's a step down in quality. Still good, but not as good. More like BR.

Comment

I might be interested in the BR suit. What material is it? I'm a 34 in the waist, but I plan to lose 15-20 pounds this year. How much are you asking? Thanks.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the suit is 100 percent cotton, but I'll take pics/give you all the info when I get home.

If $50 shipped is too steep, let me know. But I'm pretty sure this is a perfect suit.

Comment

Thanks! The pics would be great, so thanks for that. If it's too light, it won't work with my skin tone so knowing the true color is vitally important.

I honestly don't know what the going rate is for a used suit. I haven't bought anything through these forums before so I can't say what's too high or too low. I'll have to take it under consideration for what it is.

Comment

Check out eBay completed listings. That will tell you what things are worth in the secondary market.

Comment

@JC: Thanks. I'll take a look.

@jonATL: I'm assuming this suit has a 2-button jacket?

Comment

Working...
                                X