• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...so I'm feeling pretty good about my recent thrift diving:

GAP mens v-neck sweater

J.Crew dress shirt

Tyrwhitt slim dress shirt

Express slim fit dress shirt (it was cheap!)

Banana Rep dress pant

Structure dress pant

GAP ladies jean jacket

After tax: $38.42 Good?

Comment

Not too bad.. Make sure you look everything over very carefully for stains or damage. If you don't love it, don't get it just because it's cheap.

Also, is the ladies jean jacket for you?

Comment

I'll do a double-check on any wear; I know it's easy to miss something when you're excited about the deal.

Haha, no sir, the jacket is not for me. Mrs. Styles saw it a week or so ago and liked it. I snagged it for a February birthday present. And yes, I have no problem picking out clothes and looks for her. Having a stylish lady on the arm is almost as good as being stylish yourself.

Comment

Jason, if you email AE with the model number 1467, they will be able to tell you what last the Margate shoe is on. They look gorgeous.. jealous of that colour! I grabbed the model number off of an eBay auction.

Comment

@Glen, did you want the Maine Hunting boots? Also, interested in the Lanvin camel blazer?

Comment

Hey Jason how much would you want for the vineyard vines shirt? If still available

Comment

I guess I could do $40 shipped.

Comment

Found an item that's giving me trouble and was wondering if anyone has some insight before I bring it to SF. I found an unlined, hand rolled and hand sewn with red yarn? wool tie from Gorgone. It's made in Italy, but I can't find anything about Gorgone. Any ideas? Perfect fall tie with a cream, carmel, army green, and black houndstooth.

Comment

@Jason - I just emailed you about the Hunting Boots. I'll have to pass on that awesome Lanvin sportcoat as I already had something similar. Thanks for looking out for me, though.

Comment

Jason, if you want to sell the macleod tie let me know, I'm actually a macleod. I already have one from my dad actually, but it's seen better days. I also have a macleod war tartan, which is yellow and pretty awesome

Comment

I'm looking for a navy blazer, 40S, if anyone has anything awesome and Dappered-approved hanging around. It'll be for a cruise at the end of the month, so it needs to be a lighter weight, but I don't want to go with anything too wimpy.

Thrift shoes and coats I can find, just not any useable blazers/suits in my size.

Comment

I don't find a lot of nice navy blazers either... I think the one I found in my size is the last one. I found a nice HF black blazer a while back that I haven't sold yet. It's a 41S. I also have a Harris Tweed with suede elbow patches that feels like a 40S and a vintage Harris Tweed overcoat that feels like a 40S.

Comment

You shouldn't have said that. Damn my love of elbow patches. Pics?

Comment

Pics 324-328

I could do $20 + shipping... probably $8 or so.

Comment

Anyone know any good thrift stores in the DFW area? I'm thinking more like choice Goodwill locations rather than "vintage" stores that charge way too much for what are essentially used clothes.

I live in Plano, but I don't mind driving 20-30 minutes for a good haul. I work near 635/tollway, too. So I can always hit up some more central locations on my lunch break if anyone knows any.

Comment

Working...
                                X