Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well those individuals are going to quickly learn they can't flip every single thing they pull, lose a ton of money, and eventually cease to be in the business of selling used items. I've seen people with 4 shopping carts checking out at Goodwill and people grabbing the weirdest assortment of clothing I've ever seen, but have hardly ever seen anyone walking out with a truckload of fine garments. There are rarely enough items in a thrift to walk out with more than a few things, much less armfuls of stuff that can be flipped.

I say let them waste their money and have it actually go to a good cause...

Comment

Hit a few places today... Picked up some interesting stuff but nothing amazing

- Willis & Geiger Safari / Field Jacket size XXL

- Hickey Freeman cashmere sweater designed to look like a sweatshirt... grey body and purple sleeves. Very soft

- Ted Baker tie

- NWOT Faconnable shirt that's marked XL but didn't seem that big... Turns out it's a woman's top

- Harris Tweed sportcoat (approx 40S)

- Vintage Harris Tweed overcoat (approx 40S)

- Lanvin Paris 100% camel hair sportcoat

- 2x BB merino wool sweaters

- Made in Scotland 100% Wool MacGregor Tartan tie

- Made in Scotland 100% Wool Macleod Tartan tie

Also, since I know a lot of you guys are smaller, I picked up a 15-33 red and white striped Brooks Brothers OCBD

Comment

Wow. How much of that is for sale?

Comment

Any / all of it. I didn't really find anything my size. Actually, that Lanvin might fit you... It was tiny on me. No size marked though.

Comment

@ ZachL - fair point. I will hope for slim ROI's.

Comment

@Jason pics of the ties? Widths?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Here's some pics of the stuff I got today:

https://picasaweb.google.com/113945713053434575160/Thrifting?authkey=Gv1sRgCOLihM3S8Puy_wE#5691688167 484659362

Pics 309-323

I'm thinking about keeping the Macleod, but the others are available. The 2 Scottish ones are 3" wide at the widest, and the Ted Baker is 3.5" wide.

Comment

Saw a modern Belvest 90/10 wool/cashmere sportcoat with a double vent and gold engraved buttons in EU62R. Should I pick it up for $7.75 to try and flip? Jason, any advice? Still a large jacket at about US49R...

Comment

I'd say yes if you have the time and you are already set up on eBay. You should make money on it for sure.

Comment

Grabbed a pair of brown captoe AE's today in almost new condition. In size 10, so they are a little too big for me, but I might give them to my dad for his birthday or maybe just admire them on my shelf.

Also found a few spread collar CT and BR shirts, but I think I'm gonna wait for the region wide half-off sale on Monday to grab those. Hopefully no one discovers my secret hiding spot.

Comment

@jose_jackson if you decide not to keep or gift the AE's I'd love to see pics, get a width, and possibly trade for / buy them from you

Comment

I would also like to see the AE pics and get width. I may be interested in them!

Comment

Those AE's are the Margate model in 10 E. I returned these results with a search, but mine are a darker shade of brown I think. I'll post pics tomorrow if I can.

http://api.ning.com/files/IlzWnJ027tq37lwKnuoNX0*G6nO7ufZ0i4gOOTrNCUVHfddIhp xqKECRWvhJVGnJ/SDC10212.JPG?width=450&height=600

http://jacquesworn.homestead.com/fil...e/dsc05978.jpg

Comment

Anyone know what last the Margate is on? They don't seem to be available anymore

Comment

@JC No idea. I didn't even know what lasts were until a few days ago. I do think the shoe is discontinued, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X