Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do those Bean Boots run big or small? Damn, Jason. Your finds are not only epic, but epic on a regular basis. It's insane.

Comment

If they're like the bean boots they run big... I normally wear size 10-10.5 and my bean boots are a size 9. I didn't try these on yet though. They look to be in good shape. The leather just needs a little love. Debating putting a coat of mink oil on them before I try to flip them.

Comment

Stopped off after work... Found a Paul Stuart shirt and a black pinstripe Brooks Brothers suit... about a 40R very slim cut

Comment

@Glen Now I'm not sure what size the Maine Hunting Boots are... They're too small for me by about a size and I usually wear a 10-10.5. They're yours if you want them.

Comment

Not a thrift find, but this finally came from an eBay seller in the UK. Merry Christmas to me!

Comment

do you still have the vineyard vines shirt in medium? that shirt looks awesome

Comment

@JC wow that jacket looks very similar to the RL one i posted earlier in the week.

I love that quilted look, but not overly bulged. If I may ask, what price break did you receive? And what is retail?

Please also, size and fit, for future endeavors we encounter on eBay. I just may look into that jacket.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

@Jason - Can you please hold those boots for me? I run 9.5D and by your description, those will fit me just fine.

Anything you're looking for? I have a bunch of stuff but I'm waiting for the new year to list them.

Merry Christmas

Comment

@Michael, Nope, sorry... Spoken for.

@Tat I found a really good deal on eBay. It was this listing, so it was just over $250 with shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110783771459?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

If I didn't already know what I was looking for I wouldn't have bought it because the pics and description were horrible. It's last years version of this:

http://www.weaversdoor.com/barbour-t...-in-black.html

So I guess they retail for $425-500 and this one is basically new as far as I can tell. That's a good tip... Look for bad listings that don't get people's attention and you can get a good deal. This one is the XL and it fits me nicely. I wear a 41R and the pit to pit measurement on that site is 21" so I figured it would fit well and it does. The sleeves are long for a jacket (probably 26"), which is appropriate for a motorcycle jacket, but also look good cuffed because it has cord lining on the inside of the cuffs.

@Glen, will do. I could ship them to you for $35. Dunno what I'm looking for now... Mostly bigger stuff like AE's or a high quality overcoat.

Comment

@Jason - Any chance you can post pics of the boots? I tried looking for them online but Bean Boots come in so many variations of shaft length, color, material, etc.

Comment

Sure thing. I'll take pics tomorrow. I had a good haul today including lots of shirts from Luciano Barbera, Faconnable, Zegna Sport, Etro, and Astor & Black. Also ties by Brooks Brothers and Astor & Black.

I also picked up nice NWT Pendleton cotton plaid shirt size small and a vintage shetland wool Alan Paine sweater.

Comment

Hey Jason,

Can you post pictures and measurements of the pendleton cotton shirt. I am interested

Thanks

Comment

Will do tomorrow when I'm taking pics

Comment

Might as well post the Shetland sweater also if you're not keeping it.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I have to air a slight bit of grievance here:

I was in Salvo buying some records recently and I saw a guy roughly my age (23) going through every rack in the store. First the shirts, then jackets, sweaters, etc. He would give each item a quick glance and then more often than not, scoop it up. By the time I left, he probably had at least 20 items of clothing cradled in his arms. For all I know, he may have been going to try everything on - but I doubt it. He, and others, have left me with a bitter distaste for flippers; or moreso people who will buy things in bulk from thrift shops with the sole intent to turn a personal profit. I see families and people who are legitimately shopping for clothes to wear that they couldn't otherwise afford and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to see people abuse the spirit of donation-based stores, so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X