Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Jason, I'll probably pass, but you seem to find an endless supply of quality items, so we'll probably hook up on a sale sometime soon, I'm sure.

Comment

Here's what I got this weekend:

Shirts by TM Lewin(17/36), Vineyard Vines(M), and Thomas Pink(L): Pics 273-275

Versace Couture Jeans (32/31): Pics 268-272

A Lubiam made in Italy suit size EU 56 (about a 44-46 US): Pics 283-286

A DB peak lapel sportcoat with no tags in it whatsoever. It's really well made and I love the fabric... Feels soft like a wool / cashmere blend. It fits me well in the shoulders and chest, but a bit tight in the middle, so it's off to the tailors. It's a mystery... I'm gonna guess Hickey Freeman factory outlet or something: Pics 287-289

No pics, but 2 pairs of shoes... Size 6E black Florsheim Imperial longwings and size 11E LL Bean boots w/ 3 eyelets.

A recent Hickey Freeman spring / summer suit for me in khaki. Kind of feels like moleskin, very soft... My girlfriend doesn't like it (or anything khaki on me), but for now I'm planning to keep it. Pics 265-267

Another Hickey Freeman, this one a 46L and very nice: Pics 262-264

Another Hickey Freeman.... This one is a 46R and doesn't have the Hickey Freeman tag in it, but it is one... Probably from the factory store here in town. It feels very nice as well: Pics 259-261

I also got a couple nice Sportcoats which don't fit me. One is a 48L Joseph Abboud Wool / Silk / Linen blend that feels and looks really nice, and the other is a HF in a nice pattern (44R): Pics 254-258

And the best piece... An Oxxford size 44L: Pics 248-253

It's got one little bit of damage where the seam on the lapel is coming apart, but it should be an easy fix.

After that I just got a few things for me... A cheap Van Huesen blackwatch plaid shirt, 4 knit ties, and an LL Bean chino blazer size 40R that fits really well.

Comment

I also went at lunch today... Spotted an Aquascutum glen check flannel suit, around a 38 or so... Unfortunately the lining is worn through in one spot and there was a little stain on one of the sleeves. I almost got it anyway since it was cheap, but oh well.

If anyone out there wants it anyway, I'll pick it up for you.

Comment

Jason,

When are you going to find the good stuff in 36 and size 8?

Comment

LOL When it shows up. Unfortunately I don't have manufacturers, only thrift stores.

The Aquascutum was pretty nice... The stain would probably come out. I'm not sure how much it costs to have the lining replaced in a jacket, but probably not more than $30.

Comment

I found a wonderful Hickey Freeman gray pinstripe suit jacket, searched around for 10 minutes for the pants, actually pulled a pristine matching pair off the rack, set the jacket down for closer inspection and found .... three small moth holes! How frustrating.

Comment

Happened to all of us. At least you didn't buy it first and find it at home.

Comment

Is there any flip value in an orphaned jacket? I just found a Burberrys jacket for the second time this week, but was unable to find pants.

Comment

Sometimes there is, if it's a newer jacket, especially if it can easily pass for a sportcoat or blazer.

Comment

REQUEST:

If any of you come across a working record player (I know, probably hard to tell inside the store), I would be willing to cover your purchase + shipping costs (if it's beyond a reasonable price, don't bother), plus a little extra sauce on top.

Much obliged, guise.

Comment

This was a tweed — kind of a strange pattern, but I'm thinking of going back to get it.

Comment

For those that have sold on Ebay before, is there any value in a brand name piece with moth holes in them? Say, in a place that's noticeable, but not obvious?

Comment

From a buyer's perspective I would say no.

If I am buying used/vintage items, condition is very important. I personally would not buy items that have moth holes or any visible imperfections.

Comment

Not unless it's something like a Kiton / Canali / Brioni where the reweaving costs ($40-50 per hole) make it worth it... In that case it's probably worth it for the seller to do it up front so they can charge more for it. But in general, no.

Comment

Went at lunch... Picked up a pair of LL Bean Maine Hunting boots size 10 and 2 blue Brooks Brothers OCBD's size 16.5-6.

Comment

Working...
                                X