Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, if nobody wants these Saxon 7Es, I'll list them on Ebay. Best offer/trade black dress shoe of similar quality (these guys need a re-sole, but should be good to go after that.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7171611...7628340970525/

Comment

Saw these at my local Savers. Brown Wingtips. British Walkers. 11E.

Did not pick them up. I am a 9.5D. Sigh.

Comment

@jose_jackson, if the Canali don't have holes or stains then definitely pick them up. You can make a profit on eBay for sure.

Comment

I found a nice fitted $2 t-shirt at the local Savers... normally I don't waste my money on thrift tees (I have too many already) but my law school corporations exam is coming up and I feel like giving that class the figurative finger. ;-)

Ben

Comment

I saw a pretty nice Valentino and Harris tweed jacket that I like very much. Alas it was a medium or a large.

In these scenarios, do you guys buy it anyways and try to resell it or its not worth the effort? There was no noticeable stains or tears.

Comment

Depends on if it's worth the time to you... I bought a bunch of Harris Tweeds and resold them, but they only went for the $20-25 range. If I can get them for $5-8? Sure. If it's $10-12 it's getting to where it's not worth it. But I'm also already selling on eBay, so I don't have to get all of that set up, etc.

Make sure you search for completed listings of items like you're trying to sell to see how much you can expect to sell it for.

Comment

I see,

On the flip side, I am eyeing a Harris tweed jacket in my size on the bay. Bidding is already at $50 with a day left. It looks to be in good condition and was thinking of forking over $75 for it(with shipping probably around $100).

Do you think its worth it or just wait it out for another one to come along?

Comment

Depends on how much you love the pattern. There's LOTS of tweed patterns, so you probably won't see that pattern come around in your size again soon, but you'll see Harris Tweeds pop up regularly. Post the link to the auction and I'll take a look (and try to steal ideas on how to sell Harris Tweeds for $50 )

Comment

I found another sportcoat pretty similar to the one I posted on the previous page, except this one is "100% Virgin Wool" instead of cashmere, and the label says "Leonardo" instead of Belvest. It is still made in Italy and the label in the pocket with the sizing is laid out exactly like the Belvest one so I suspect Belvest is the actual manufacturer. This one also has very subtle light blue stripes. I didn't buy it because it was a regular length and I thought it was a bit short on me. Here's the pic I took (yeah red pants lol): http://salorlando.com/belvest01/leonardo1.jpg

label: http://salorlando.com/belvest01/leonardo2.jpg

Thoughts? If anyone is interested I could see if it is still there.

Comment

Sal, that Belvest looks to be just about the perfect length for you. You normal wear a long? How tall are you? That jacket has a nice shape to it and the sleeves appear to hit you perfectly as well... I'd snatch that thing up right quick. I do say that with a bit of bias as it's extremely rare to find anything in 36R while thrifting, so individuals finding things in their size and leaving them always baffles me!

Comment

Hey Zach, thanks for the feedback. I'm between 6'2 and 6'3, sometimes I need tall/long sizes and sometimes I don't.

Yeah I thought everything was good except maybe an inch or so of length in the body, and the jacket is really nice and in great shape.

I probably should grab it, I also usually have a hard time finding things that fit me...I'm just wary of collecting things I don't end up wearing.

Comment

Goodwill online, anyone? This is too big for me, but it might work for someone: http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=9065065

Comment

I bid on a watch at GoodWill online once (a vintage Yema, French brand). The price went way higher than I was willing to pay, though.

The problem with GoodWill online is similar to the problem with eBay. There's a lot more competition for the most desirable items. I figured I wouldn't have any competition because Yema is a more-or-less unknown brand here in the States, but I was wrong. There are dedicated online auction-goers who hunt this stuff down.

I'm not saying people shouldn't shop there - but they should expect to pay more eBay-like prices than they do at the thrift shop.

Ben

Comment

I checked out the local GW the other day and was pretty surprised with my visit. Although there wasn't much in my size (42L) what was in my size was pretty impressive. I'll try to post pictures of my picks because I'd like some tailoring advice. In the meanwhile, I picked up a Paul Stuart suit jacket that honestly may be the best fitting article of clothing I have ever worn. From the high arm holes to the tappered waist, its insane, I didn't know a suit jacket could look like that. I'm particularly interested to get some feedback on the fit here as I may be biased toward myself. I wore it for fun with jeans one night (limited shoulder padding woot!) and got a few compliments but don't know if they were complimenting the look or the fact that I was the only one within a mile radius that had a blazer on?

I would love to find matching pants, does anyone have any suggestions? The jacket appears to be reasonably old but in great condition. I was at GW for a reason as I am on a college student's budget but even if I could find pants for $200-250 I figure I am making out pretty well on what now retails for almost $1,400. It's a shot in the dark but I'm guessing I have the jacket to some derivative of this: http://www.paulstuart.com/product_info.cfm?ProdID=5527&ProdCatId=1007&MainCa tId=14&HEADERMENUID=1&SUBPRODCATID=0

Appreciate the help and will try getting pictures soon.

Thanks

Comment

Well, I listed a thrift find on Ebay for $40, and it just sold for $41 to a woman who offered me $60 on a message board mere minutes after I originally posted it on Ebay. Let that be a lesson to all thrift flippers ... patience is a virtue.

Comment

Working...
                                X