Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braves fan here as well. I'm not worried about the Marlins though.

Comment

@Don Sorry, the sweater was sold on eBay last week.

@Glen I've got J&M chocolate wingtips in 8.5C, Florsheim Imperial pebble grain longwings in 8.5C (barely worn), and J&M penny loafers in 8D barely worn.

I've got tons of shirts, but I think they're mostly 16+ neck... 6 or so Harris Tweeds of various sizes. 11.5 very narrow Aldens NWOT.

If you want ties I've got some cool ones... 7 fold Robert Talbott, Brioni... Keeping the Paul Stuart for myself.

Comment

Jon, think I'm going to keep it. It's a M but runs a little big. I'm usually a L.

Comment

@Jason - The shoes are too small and the shirts are too big. Damn. Got pics of those ties? Thanks.

Comment

Here are some pics of the 100% cashmere Belvest coat that I scored on Saturday. It's in great shape and I really like it. Wish it didn't have shoulder pads but I can deal. Maybe a bit wide at the shoulders but overall the fit is good, and that gives my biceps room to grow It's extremely soft light and comfortable yet still provides some warmth. You can't necessarily tell from the pics but there are no vents, but it doesn't feel restrictive at all.

Oh and I actually went thrifting with the goal of scoring a nice jacket, and this was literally the very last one on the rack at the second GW I went to.

Sorry guys I tried to make these preview sized with links but the board stripped that out of the HTML.

Comment

@Glen, Here's the Robert Talbott 7 fold:

and here's the Brioni

Comment

whats the width of brioni tie JC? I like it.

Cost?

Comment

Anyone know of any good thrift shops in Columbus Ohio?

Comment

@Tat I could send it to you for $30... I can measure it tonight

Comment

What I picked up yesterday:

PRL white dress shirt with light white texture check

BR blue paisley shirt

PRL tweed blazer

Jack Purcell leather sneakers by Converse*

Adidas casual sneakers

*This is one of the more underrated aspects of thrifting. I never would have bought these shoes at full price or even half price. Even if they were cheap on ebay I probably would have passed them up. But in a thrift store they caught my eye and now I have a new and interesting item in my wardrobe that I would never have purchased otherwise.

Comment

^ Agreed, Jose. I would never have looked for a pair of black loafers, and wouldn't have given them a second glance if I were anywhere but the thrift store. But I've worn mine the past couple days and they look and feel great.

Ben

Comment

@Tat - go for the tie. They're both a little too dressed up for my environment. I have to stick to knit or textured ties or else I'm "that guy".

Comment

Two things today:

Sero 2 ply 100% cotton blue oxford and an LL Bean Norwegian sweater.

Comment

@Glen yes that Brioni interests me, I have only owned a few ties of that caliber thus far. One being a burberry tie, and the other a David Donahue tie. Although I suppose both of mine cost a bit over 100 each, where as the Brioni's seem to hit near the 200$ range.

I do need the width before purchase though. I am a bit particular about it hehe.

Comment

@Tat the Brioni tie is 58.5" long and 3.5" wide at the widest

Comment

Working...
                                X