This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by evanparker View Post
    this one is 100% mine. so happy to have it. wore the shell in some serious rain we had here on boston yesterday...
    Those flash flood warnings were no joke yesterday.

Comment

this one is 100% mine. so happy to have it. wore the shell in some serious rain we had here on boston yesterday...
      You got some pics? I'd be really curious to see it.

Comment

• Allen Edmonds Benton. Made to be orthopedic insert friendly, but fits my higher volume feet perfectly without.

Arrived yesterday, got on poshmark with Allen Edmonds shoe trees included for $32 shipped. Soles are good aside from higher wear towards the outer heel, I'll be adding some heel taps to even them out until I need to get them resoled.

Comment

• Allen Edmond

I have found a pair of Strands for $27. The soles have been repaired. Do you think they can be recrafted? Any tips on what I should look for in condition issues?

Comment

• Originally posted by oly1605 View Post
            I have found a pair of Strands for $27. The soles have been repaired. Do you think they can be recrafted? Any tips on what I should look for in condition issues?
            From the website:

https://www.allenedmonds.com/discove...ecrafting.html

I've already had a pair of shoes repaired by another Cobbler. Can they still be recrafted?

Short answer: Sometimes. (you can look up the full answer).

What if I send my shoes in to be recrafted and they cannot be recrafted?

They will call you and let you know.

FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE EMAIL [email protected] OR CALL 877-495-5564.
            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Also, The Hanger Project offers recrafting services now:

https://www.hangerproject.com/shoe-c...oe-repair.html

Maybe they can do it?
              WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Got this for $26.49 shipped on poshmark. BR Heritage 4 pocket coat with double back vents in 78% wool, 22% nylon/poly blend, with only the sleeves lined. It's got a herringbone pattern with blue for the lighter color and black for the darker, so it has an overall navy look to it.

Tags say it's from end of 2006, which surprised me because it looks practically new and would have been around the time I started to work at BR during college. The fit is also nice and slim, in line with more recent trends.

Also picked up this BR Mad Men collection (2011) shawl cardigan from poshmark, too.

Gotta love that classic menswear looks good even after a dozen years.
                Last edited by Nandyn; October 24, 2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• I found a bin of what appear to be Clockwork Synergy one piece nato straps at a store called Axman Surplus in St Paul. They were $0.95 a piece so I grabbed 10 or 11. Got home and compared them to the CS straps I already owned and if they're not legit, they're crazy close.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Wes; October 30, 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wes View Post
                    I found a bin of what appear to be Clockwork Synergy one piece nato straps at a store called Axman Surplus in St Paul. They were $0.95 a piece so I grabbed 10 or 11. Got home and compared them to the CS straps I already owned and if they're not legit, they're crazy close.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Go back and buy them all!! Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                      Go back and buy them all!! Haha
                      If I was still a broke college kid with a ton of time and hustle I would probably try to buy like $50 worth and flip them for $5 or $6 a piece, but nowadays I'd rather some other nerd find them and be excited like me. Then again, there were legit hundreds in a gigantic cardboard box. Maybe I should go offer them $50 for the whole box and do something fun with them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wes View Post
                        If I was still a broke college kid with a ton of time and hustle I would probably try to buy like $50 worth and flip them for $5 or $6 a piece, but nowadays I'd rather some other nerd find them and be excited like me. Then again, there were legit hundreds in a gigantic cardboard box. Maybe I should go offer them $50 for the whole box and do something fun with them...
                        Fuse them together and make a belt out of some....or a jacket, hahaha.

Comment

• MegaStrap!

Comment

• You can find large lots of these for cheap on Alibaba. I would guess that Clockwork Synergy and several other suppliers buy from the same few manufacturers.

Comment

• Sixty-eight percent of U.S. households, or about 85 million families, own a pet, according to the 2017-2018 National Pet Owners Survey conducted by the American Pet Products Association (APPA).

Ninety-nine percent of eBay menswear sellers, or about a zillion people, have a "smoke-free, pet-free home," according to carlitos' extensive research.

What are the odds?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X