This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gandoe View Post
    OK, thanks for the reply. Tailoring (at least hemming pants, and adjusting shirts) is high of my list of skills to acquire. Any further pointers to either websites, forums, threads, etc. is greatly appreciated!
    Honestly just search for "hem pants" on youtube and any of the highly rated ones will show you the same information. ultimately it just comes down to practice

Comment

You can buy iron on tape to hem pants (or drapes) at a craft store.

Comment

Right, done that. Always hoping to gain from someone's experience - thanks!

Comment

I got some extra ZipSeams (these plastic tubes that let you tailor your baggy shirts in a couple of minutes) PM me if you wanna try them. US only pls

Comment

Picked up what feels like a brand new Taylor Stitch OBCD today. Feels like a pretty well made shirt for $7.
            Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
            Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
            --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
              Picked up what feels like a brand new Taylor Stitch OBCD today. Feels like a pretty well made shirt for $7.
              got a link?

Comment

Originally posted by babarista View Post
                got a link?
                This is the shirt: https://www.taylorstitch.com/collect...ay-oxford-jack, but I’m keeping it.
                Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                --Jason Isbell

Comment

Just picked up my first pair of Alden Cordovan Split Toe Bluchers.

A little beat up so I gotta clean them up. Tempted to sell them on the 'bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Heafcliffe View Post
                    Just picked up my first pair of Alden Cordovan Split Toe Bluchers.

A little beat up so I gotta clean them up. Tempted to sell them on the 'bay.

Size?

Comment

Originally posted by sbowie View Post
                      Size?
                      Size 11

Comment

i found a reallly amazing blue Burberry Mac type rain coat. i haven't taken a good picture of it yet, but I will eventually.

Comment

Usually I find nothing much, but yesterday at Goodwill I found a pair of Jon Doe longwings in barely used condition for nine dollars (not the best shoes at the price they ask but well worth that!) and a nice condition Hermès tie for $1.99. It's definitely worth looking regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by mlstein View Post
                            Usually I find nothing much, but yesterday at Goodwill I found a pair of Jon Doe longwings in barely used condition for nine dollars (not the best shoes at the price they ask but well worth that!) and a nice condition Hermès tie for $1.99. It's definitely worth looking regularly.
                            I think that if you want to be "successful" at the thrifting thing, you need to just stop in regularly and see if anything new has shown up. And if it does...but it right then. Most of the thrift stores in the Seattle area will allow you to return items if you bring it back with the receipt. Buy it...and then take it home to make sure that it's in decent condition, that it fits properly, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                              i found a reallly amazing blue Burberry Mac type rain coat. i haven't taken a good picture of it yet, but I will eventually.
                              Were you planning on keeping the jacket for yourself or re-selling?

If you're planning on re-selling, I'd be really curious to know size and maybe see some pics, if you have them?

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
                                Were you planning on keeping the jacket for yourself or re-selling?

If you're planning on re-selling, I'd be really curious to know size and maybe see some pics, if you have them?
                                this one is 100% mine. so happy to have it. wore the shell in some serious rain we had here on boston yesterday...

Comment

Working...
                                X