• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-thrifted some pocket squares (hit me up if you need some):

Ralph Lauren Purple Label

Regular thrift:

Sid Mashburn jacket that fits:

Comment

• Thrifted a second set of Allen Edmonds Bryons. This black pair will replace the black cheapo derby shoes I would sneak into my formal wear and hoped no one noticed.

Comment

• that's super! a very good improvement.

a year ago maybe, I got a pair of old USA J&M Meltons, from back when they were actually pretty nice shoes. They got a commando sole stuck on the bottom and are now my go-to snow shoe (for when i am not going to have to go that far in the snow).

It's nice to have a little variety.

Comment

• Nice! Thrifted AEs make the world go 'round.

Comment

• I've never been much of a thrifter. Mostly due to where I live which is the middle of nowhere but at least it's on the water!

Settled on an area to focus on in my search for a new place to live and during my research discovered that there are five thrift shops in the area. I fear I may have a new addiction later this year...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
              Settled on an area to focus on in my search for a new place to live and during my research discovered that there are five thrift shops in the area. I fear I may have a new addiction later this year...

Comment

• Anybody have any luck with swap.com?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• they really don't have much inventory. things seem to be priced all over the place, but if you were patient you might find something there.

Descriptions and images there seem scant. IT would be hard to have a lot of confidence about anything I was buying there with out real details.

Take for example this necktie, they do not list a single important fact about it, like the length or width, year, what label it has, what specific flaws it may or may not have, or anything you want to know about when buying a tie.

https://www.swap.com/item/necktie-br...ps/6254186687/

For a sellers perspective, i would mention the fact that ebay really does have the most traffic, which is always the best for my prices. Other auction sites at least don't even come close. I wouldn't ever post my stuff on swap because the selling prices are very low, especially for men's clothes. They take a whole lot of money from you (which ebay frankly does as well), which may or may not be worth it since they take pictures and all that for you.

I think swap may be popular for selling baby or maternity clothes, but I really don't know anyone who uses it for anything at all. They don't really do a good job on anything i've seen on the site, and it frankly costs a lot of money to sell there as well.

Comment

• I lucked into a really nice herringbone sport coat at good will last night. Buggy back construction, nicely finished seams, the label is an area tailor that's gone out of business. Fits just about right, good shoulders and length, but it's a little full in the chest and arms so I'll have to see if I can get it slimmed up.

Comment

• Got these at Buffalo Exchange the other day. Unworn.

Comment

• Went today to Goodwill during a 50% MLK Jr. sale. Found a number of things:

1. an unworn 1969 Gap Icon Worker Shirt (still has the crisp feel) $3.00
                        2. an unworn JCrew short sleeve shirt $2.50
                        3. a Jos A Bank "Joseph" Slim sportcoat (want to say its new too) $4.50
                        4. some Jordans "Son of Mars" (minimal wear; just wiped down, new insoles and febreezed/powdered) $13.00

Grand total: $23 for everything!

Can post pics tomorrow.

Comment

• Thrifting is fun!

95 percent cash/5 percent silk.

Oh, and this came from Marshalls a few days ago:

Fits pretty well.

Comment

• Nice find!

Comment

• Those are both super nice.

Comment