X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
    that is excellent
    A man after my own heart! Haha....spent more on tailoring than I did on the jacket itself.

Comment

[MENTION=14917]Nate Chorney[/MENTION] that's a nice looking jacket. Regarding the tailoring, yeah, isn't that the way? Still. Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
        [MENTION=14917]Nate Chorney[/MENTION] that's a nice looking jacket. Regarding the tailoring, yeah, isn't that the way? Still. Looks good.
        I appreciate that! I'm going to some Scottish Highland games this weekend. I'm hoping its cool enough in the mountains to wear it! I'll hopefully get some better pics too haha.

Comment

Couple more shots of my 1950's 3/2 roll harris tweed. Not bad for $30 on ebay and $45 for tailoring.

Comment

all of the leather. starting with allen edmonds Bryon

Comment

Okay, so another question...Did I pass up a good deal?

Italian, wool/mohair unconstructed jacket. Fit perfect except for a little tailoring needed. Really nice and lightweight weave. Med/dark brown.

But it was crunchy? kinda looked and felt like bad 70's poly suits? is that normal for mohair? I know it can be scratchy...

Comment

This totally just happened, despite my wife's pleading. 100% wool, made in Germany. The holiday season can't get here fast enough boys....

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                  This totally just happened, despite my wife's pleading. 100% wool, made in Germany. The holiday season can't get here fast enough boys....

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
                  Good thing happened I feel
                  Eat what is good for your health but
                  Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Not sure this qualifies as thrifting, but I was in Asheville recently and picked up a navy dock peacoat at the J. Crew clearance store for $90. Needs to have the buttons secured a little better, but otherwise it's in perfect condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Goalieman24 View Post
                      Just well worn leather. I thought it was suede upon first glance to.
                      The bottom really only looks elasticized. At one point I'm sure it was, though it has no stretch to it anymore.
                      Close up:
                      Yep, that's suede. The nap just needs to be freshened up. That jacket is totally 90s, which I hear are making a comeback as of this year. You heard that right: baggy clothes are coming back!

Comment

Originally posted by Fit2BTied View Post
                        Yep, that's suede.
                        Oh, interesting. I guess the tag that says leather must be a typo...

Comment

Originally posted by Goalieman24 View Post
                          Oh, interesting. I guess the tag that says leather must be a typo...
                          You don't consider suede to fall under the category of "leather"? Regardless, if it has a nap, it's suede.

Comment

Not that exciting but my first non-tie thrift..

Bonobos weekday warriors in Friday Grey, appears unworn, for 3.49.

Also was a pair of Bonobos cords but a size too small and the wrong color tag to get half off...

Comment

Went back today just in case.....and it paid off. Found a pair of Thursday Browns, however in a 32 instead of 33. Little snug, hopefully they won't shrink at all.

Comment

Saks winter jacket

Found this today at a local savers. Looked it over a million times and can't find any flaws. Hand stitched button holes, partially lined, beautiful wool...and that price!!! Not going to lie this made my weekend and I can't wait to be able to wear this regularly.

Side note: Ever since I saw that recent movie with Tom Hanks and some East Germans stole his Saks jacket I have wanted one so bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X