Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a ton but asking will typically get you crickets. Folks are very protective of their thrift grounds. Look at Century 21 for non thriftjng but higher likelihood of good quality stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
      There are a ton but asking will typically get you crickets. Folks are very protective of their thrift grounds. Look at Century 21 for non thriftjng but higher likelihood of good quality stuff.
      ^^ this. lol.

Comment

This was an e-thrift. Probably not as good of value as you can find at a physical store. I'm still happy though. $190 shipped for a beautiful blue herringbone Suitsupply Washington.
        My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Thrifting

I'm on fire here. To replace a couple of bad quality sport coats, I was looking on eBay, and I found these two coats. First, a Belvest mainline, green check Sportcoat:

Second, a Sartoria Partenopea, fresco wool, navy windowpane:

Both are fully canvassed, made in Italy. Originally they were probably $1000+ each. Got both for less than $400 combined!
          Last edited by Nleaders; December 23, 2015, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Love that Belvest, Nleaders.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
              Found this Bonobos wool coat and I'm pretty much in love with it.

Fit pic
              Great coat its really lovable item
              Eat what is good for your health but
              Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                Love that Belvest, Nleaders.
                Thanks, man. It's my first venture into green business worthy attire, and I love it.

Comment

i should post my tweeds some day...

Comment

AE Lexington Captoe.

Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                    Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                    --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty
                      My new shirts from Nattyshirts.

Any comments.
                      So these are shirts you picked up at a thrift store or just more spam?

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty
                        My new shirts from Nattyshirts

I am satisfied they crafted shirts well.

Any comments.
                        You aren't fooling anybody here. In fact, this kind of "marketing" makes me less likely to buy your shirts. You can pass that up the chain.

Comment

My new harris tweed, from Nattyshirts. No not really :-D

a very thinly shoulder'd and half-lined harris tweed jacket, $7. I think it's from the late 1970's?

it looks a little dumpy and un-shaped on a hanger, but looks great when you put it on.

Wierdly, i've never seen a tweed with this distinct pattern in person. i should get a close up of the fabric, but it's VERY colorful , blues and reds and oranges. Most of mine are a lot different color pallets than this.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                            My new harris tweed, from Nattyshirts. No not really :-D
                            Lol, what's with that guy anyway? Doesn't he realize that he's not fooling anybody and that he's just giving a lot of people a bad feeling towards the brand? (Nice find on the tweed jacket btw)

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                              Lol, what's with that guy anyway? Doesn't he realize that he's not fooling anybody and that he's just giving a lot of people a bad feeling towards the brand? (Nice find on the tweed jacket btw)
                              Seems to be this particular brand's MO. Create a user profile, drop some innocuous posts, try to discreetly advertise. Definitely annoying. Definitely pushes me away from the brand.

Comment

Hello! New-ish member here on the forums. Been thrifting for about a year now. Have picked up some good stuff from our local stores: a tweed overcoat; a low-end, but still nice leather jacket; a like-new Columbia parka; a navy-colored trench coat; and a bunch of good condition casual button-up shirts. I’m still looking for a nice wool navy blue blazer in my size.

Are most of you folks who do a lot of thrifting of average height and weight?
                                The reason that I ask is that the selection is a lot smaller for those of us who are short (5’7”), slim and have small-ish feet (size 7.) I’ve seen some really cool stuff in the larger sizes.

Anyways, I’ve enjoyed the pics in this forum. I’ll try to post a few sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X