X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alden Shells.

http://cdn.styleforum.net/7/73/739096a2_IMG_2348.jpeg

Comment

My local goodwill had a ton of great stuff today, almost pulled the trigger on a Wallace & Barnes shirt, but it was just a shade too large.

I couldn't, however, leave the Suitsupply Red Line "Jort" in blue Birdseye on the rack. Super 150 fabric, the 3 roll 2 jacket fits very well, though the pants are a little roomier in the leg than I like (tag inside is dated 2007, so I guess they've gotten more narrow in the ensuing years?)

Going to bring it to my tailor and see if they can be slimmed up, and the waist taken in some, but man that fabric is NICE.
      Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
      Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
      --Jason Isbell

Comment

I have a feeling, that pant and jacket after alteration never give that great look for which they were bought. May be its just my feeling.
        Eat what is good for your health but
        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
          My local goodwill had a ton of great stuff today, almost pulled the trigger on a Wallace & Barnes shirt, but it was just a shade too large.

I couldn't, however, leave the Suitsupply Red Line "Jort" in blue Birdseye on the rack. Super 150 fabric, the 3 roll 2 jacket fits very well, though the pants are a little roomier in the leg than I like (tag inside is dated 2007, so I guess they've gotten more narrow in the ensuing years?)

Going to bring it to my tailor and see if they can be slimmed up, and the waist taken in some, but man that fabric is NICE.
          A tailor can completely remake a pair of trousers rather easily. As long as they need made smaller, you will have no worries. How much for the Jort? I'm blown away by the fact you could find a Jort in Goodwill. What city are you in?

EDIT: Also, if the shirt is slightly too large a tailor can do a lot for that as well.
          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
            How much for the Jort? I'm blown away by the fact you could find a Jort in Goodwill. What city are you in?

EDIT: Also, if the shirt is slightly too large a tailor can do a lot for that as well.
            I paid s whopping $19.99 for the Jort, but haven't had a chance to get it to the tailor yet. I use a local chain for simple work, but want to take this to a real craftsman.

I'm in Austin and this particular goodwill is my favorite in town. I try to stop by a couple of times a month, and usually find something good. There are three others I visit less frequently and a different shop closer to my house that have nice stuff from time to time.

If I was larger, or more inclined to buy and flip sport coats & suits, I could do very, very well here. Once you get into sizes 42 or so & up, there's a ton of vintage Harris Tweed (university town I guess) and I frequently find Canali and the like in larger sizes.

The Wallace & Barnes was off in the shoulders, so I left it behind, with regret.
            Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
            Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
            --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
              I paid s whopping $19.99 for the Jort, but haven't had a chance to get it to the tailor yet. I use a local chain for simple work, but want to take this to a real craftsman.

I'm in Austin and this particular goodwill is my favorite in town. I try to stop by a couple of times a month, and usually find something good. There are three others I visit less frequently and a different shop closer to my house that have nice stuff from time to time.

If I was larger, or more inclined to buy and flip sport coats & suits, I could do very, very well here. Once you get into sizes 42 or so & up, there's a ton of vintage Harris Tweed (university town I guess) and I frequently find Canali and the like in larger sizes.

The Wallace & Barnes was off in the shoulders, so I left it behind, with regret.
              So even if you have to spend $60 to get the paints seriously tailored, you're all in at $79.99. That's awesome. I'll be in Austin around Christmas time. I'll pm you and maybe you could share your tidying spots with me. We are different sizes; I'm a 40r. So you wouldn't be kidding out to me on the best finds.
              Last edited by thecharlesg; November 14, 2015, 11:12 AM.
              My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Man, my Goodwills suck. I have never found anything decent there. I hate you guys!

Comment

Decent find at the GW today. J.Crew suede wingtips. Not sure the vintage, but they will nicely replace a cheap pair that I've currently been using in almost the exact same color. Previous owner even already bar laced em for me

Comment

Figured I'd share a few recent items since this thread has been slow as of late...

Last edited by cotoks; November 24, 2015, 06:43 PM.

Comment

...cont'd

Stone cold mint J Press Presstige green fleck overcheck 3/2 roll tweed

Last edited by cotoks; November 24, 2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

...cont'd

RLPL x 2

and this absolutely amazing vintage Schott Perfecto. One of my favorite finds ever.

Last edited by cotoks; November 24, 2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Nice double rider.

Comment

That J.Press, daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn

Comment

Found this Bonobos wool coat and I'm pretty much in love with it.

Fit pic

Comment

hey hi guys does any know any good thrift shop in manhattan or around NYC? thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X