Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i also found this, which is less fancy but definitely just as cool. Also not in my size at all.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
      speaking of fancy buttons...

Super attractive mother-of-pearl buttons. Though, funny story, the shirt isn't in my size and doesn't fit me at all. Why did I even buy it LOL? I thought someone i know might be able to make use of it eventually, i suppose?
      Well, if you ever want to like sell it for a good deal to a dappereder, you just let me know.

Comment

Comment

if you want, for $25 i'll send it your way. I would be making zero profit on the transaction. i'd just be happy to see it going to a good home. I can PM you if you want....

Originally posted by Nleaders View Post
          Well, if you ever want to like sell it for a good deal to a dappereder, you just let me know.

Comment

So, last year I lost about 50 pounds and have basically needed to buy all new clothes.

I did some J. Crew Factory and Banana Republic outlet shopping to get some quick basics, and have been hitting Goodwill and Marshalls looking to fill out the wardrobe on the cheap.

About a month back, I had to attend an event and needed a light weight sport coat quick. A goodwill stop yielded an International Concepts light weight half-lined cotton jacket in a blue-gray with patch pockets and natural shoulders with decently high armholes in my new size of 38S. It fit like a glove on my shoulders, so I picked it up for $7 and had the sleeves shortened and the waist suppressed and it's been great. Casual enough to pair with jeans, light weight enough to manage the Texas heat.

I had a lunch meeting today and got there early with some time to kill. A different goodwill was nearby, so I popped in for a quick look. It seems this jacket was actually sold as separates, because there, mixed in with the baggy, pleated Gap chinos, was a matching pair of slim fit pants in my exact waist size.

The pants aren't REALLY slim; I'll need to have them tapered up and hemmed to my preferred minuscule break, but I basically landed a casual, light weight summer suit in a versatile color for $12 plus tailoring, and both pieces can easily be worn on their own.

I'm calling that a win.
            Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
            Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
            --Jason Isbell

Comment

Congrats on the transformation! What are your new sizes? (Maybe someone here is about to sell a bunch of stuff) Goodwill can be hit or miss and honestly I don't find Marshalls to be all that helpful but I've had a lot of luck ethrifting on eBay, this forum, and styleforum. If you're a common size like 38s it shouldn't be hard. I went up from a 38r to a 40r recently and I'm reloading mostly by selling off a bunch of gently used stuff and buying from places like this so it doesn't hurt my wallet as much.

Comment

Got a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo Lavorazione Originale loafers. Black leather, horse bit. Sleek an in good shape. 9.5 EE which feels like a 9E

Comment

My new sizing is somewhat brand dependent; I have fairly broad shoulders, on a 5'7" 145lb frame right now. My body is still changing somewhat because of regular exercise, but 38s or 38r is usually good for jackets, most casual pants with a lower rise are a touch loose in a 30, but too tight in a 29. Inseam is usually a 30 in most brands.

I'm keeping my eyes open here for things that work. Goodwill has actually been pretty good to me, and my local Marshalls got some nice short sleeve button ups from Penguin Originals in this spring that fit me well.

Thanks for asking!
                  Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                  Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                  --Jason Isbell

Comment

Anyone ever have an eBay seller charge more for shipping than was listed in the original listing? I.e. Shipping was listed at a price and after the auction closed they sent an invoice with shipping costing $6 more than original. This was not a "calculated shipping" auction.

Thoughts on how I should handle?

Comment

i found four of these, flawless and just not in my size. $5 ea. dagnabit.

Comment

What do the other three look like? Also, what sizes are they? I may be interested in purchasing them from you.

Comment

they're all the same size as that one. they are essentially all the same, except two of them have that label, and two of them have the 2000's long script label on them. they all fit pretty similarly. they all have unlined collars, and are super great.

Comment

lets just say, if you check for these listing numbers on ebay, you can find all the pics and details.

Brooks Brothers BLUE OXFORD shirt 16 33 SUPIMA COTTON US... (321794702205)

Brooks Brothers BLUE OXFORD shirt 16 33 SUPIMA COTTON US... (321794701228)

Brooks Brothers BLUE OXFORD shirt 16 33 SUPIMA COTTON US... (321794699574)

Brooks Brothers BLUE PINPOINT OXFORD shirt 16 33 SUPIMA ... (321794697742)

Comment

HOLY CRAP look at this thing. I got this for $8. It's the suit jacket to a $3,500 italian SILK/WOOL blend It's an "Ermenegildo Zegna" ROMA suit jacket. It's made of a product Zenga makes called "TROFEO SILK". 51% silk, 49% wool. It feels absolutely positively AMAZING.

The suit jacket is currently an orphan. I thought maybe it was possibly just a blazer, but until I got home and looked the ROMA model up on the company's website, I didn't think to look for the pants. Going to look for it tonight.

The wierd thing about it is that there has never ever been an item of such high quality i've ever found a thrift like this that was just so so so far away from something i'd actually wear. It's just SO italian. Way too sharp. It was not made for me at all.

Comment

^^^ any pics of the labels?
                                Last edited by cotoks; July 3, 2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X