This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Found this in a 44 L at a true thrift. It didn't see a lot of wear at all:

http://www.billyreid.com/mens/jacket...odes-navy.html

Comment

Originally posted by cotoks View Post
        Cont'd...

and this piece that's very close to being perfect

Full canvas, 100% thick cashmere, wood buttons, crazy lining, but...

Unvented. Dammit.

Unvented...so what did you do with it? What does everyone say about unvented jackets? I just thrifted one for $3. Fits like a glove. Literally my best-fitting jacket, but it's unvented.

Comment

Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
          Found this Oxxford suit at a local thrift store. I didn't have a chance to try it on, but its my size. I only had time to grab a quick picture. What do you think-assuming it fits and I find no defects, is this good find for $30? (High end thrift store.)
          What defines a 'high end thrift store', and how do I find one near me?

Comment

J press harris tweed 41L 3/2 blazer horn buttons
            J press navy blazer 42R 100% wool 3/2 black watch tartan liner and good buttons
            Wool/cashmere hand knit polo RL fisherman sweater.

Pretty nice finds.

Comment

Originally posted by tjyoung View Post
              What defines a 'high end thrift store', and how do I find one near me?
              I would say it's location primarily. Thrift stores located in wealthy areas tend to have higher end items.

Comment

Maus & Hoffman linen/silk sweater

Sawyer of Napa shearling

Comment

...cont'd

Vintage AE Cambridge shells and Park Avenues in my size

Comment

I wen to a thrift store and found this pair of Allen Edmonds shoes. I don't know much about the shoes besides that they're talked highly of and fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cfred371 View Post
                      I wen to a thrift store and found this pair of Allen Edmonds shoes. I don't know much about the shoes besides that they're talked highly of and fit.

Can't see the pics

Comment

Just snagged a nice silver/blue Michael Kors tie at TJ Maxx for $4.99! Original price on it was $49.50, TJ Maxx had it priced at $10.99. There was a small imperfection in the fabric, which I pointed out to the cashier, & she knocked it all the way down to $4.99!

What I neglected to mention to her was that I tried on the tie, and it just so happens that the imperfection falls right under the knot when it's around my neck...Score!

Comment

Originally posted by BikeandBrew View Post
                          Just snagged a nice silver/blue Michael Kors tie at TJ Maxx for $4.99! Original price on it was $49.50, TJ Maxx had it priced at $10.99. There was a small imperfection in the fabric, which I pointed out to the cashier, & she knocked it all the way down to $4.99!

What I neglected to mention to her was that I tried on the tie, and it just so happens that the imperfection falls right under the knot when it's around my neck...Score!
                          Good to know that you can do that.

Comment

Man I worked in retail for 9 years, and I've learned that it never hurts to just ask. I'm not saying to be a tightwad and ask for discounts on everything, but when there's something wrong with the product then 9 times out of 10 a place like TJ Maxx will discount it more just to move it out of the store. Besides, worst case scenario is that she says no, and I still get a nice tie for $11.

Comment

Originally posted by BikeandBrew View Post
                              Man I worked in retail for 9 years, and I've learned that it never hurts to just ask.
                              This makes me think of Act One from This American Life, the "good guy" discount, ha --> http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi.../515/good-guys

Comment

Pendleton Aztec robe 100% cotton green and rust colored. $9.99 from savers. Retail was $179.
                                Salvatore ferragamo burgundy and navy strip tie. $2.99 sold it on eBay for $20. Brooks brothers seven fold tie. Few cool things. Hand knit polo wool cashmere fisherman sweater.

Some good flips thus far for me on eBay. Saving all the cash and not spending!

Comment

Working...
                                X