Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone need a staple, recent Brooks Brothers suit?

Comment

Originally posted by WildMan View Post
      Picked up some jackets at the salvation army today. They need a good steaming and some minor alterations, but overall not a bad haul for around $30

1) Banana Republic Monogram jacket (charcoal) $7

2) Bespoke Jacket Super 120s- fully canvassed (black w/ shadow stripe) $4

3) Joseph Abboud Super 110s- fully canvassed (charcoal w/ blue windowpane) $7

4 Club Monaco Half Lined Summer Blazer (light grey) $7
      Did any of these have matching pants? They pretty much all look like orphaned suit jackets. That doesn't mean you can't wear them as a sportcoat, of course, but you may want to scour the pants racks to see if they've got some matching pants hanging around.

Comment

What size? The pic is the size of a postage stamp.

Originally posted by jonATL View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post

I've owned this suit (same fabric and cut). It's fantastic. Wears like armor, it's solid as a rock. Somebody buy it. jon is a trusted seller, I would highly recommend buying from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
            Did any of these have matching pants? They pretty much all look like orphaned suit jackets. That doesn't mean you can't wear them as a sportcoat, of course, but you may want to scour the pants racks to see if they've got some matching pants hanging around.
            Agree with this. Wouldn't spend too much on the CM jacket, buttoning stance is awfully high. Also the black shadow stripe doesn't look like it should get much play as an orphan.

Comment

Originally posted by winghus View Post
              What size? The pic is the size of a postage stamp.

Fitzgerald fit. 40 R with a 34 W. Center vent. Flat-front, no cuff.

p2p: 21
              sleeve: 24 1/4
              Shoulder: 17 1/2
              Length: 30 1/2

waist: 17 1/2
              inseam: 32

Comment

I can't put up a photo, but I got a Hart Schaffner Marx blazer for 8 bucks. It's missing a button, but I was going to replace them anyways because I'm not big on the gold button style.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino View Post
                  I can't put up a photo, but I got a Hart Schaffner Marx blazer for 8 bucks. It's missing a button, but I was going to replace them anyways because I'm not big on the gold button style.
                  Nice! Was it their Gold Trumpeter series?

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                    Nice! Was it their Gold Trumpeter series?
                    How would I be able to tell? It's got the trumpeter logo on the buttons, and embroidered in gold on the inside patch. But it's sold through Nordstrom. But the pinch test seems to say that it's half canvased.

Correction: The trumpeter appears to be embroidered on the lining, while the patch says "Gold." But not "Gold trumpeter."
                    Last edited by Domino; January 3, 2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

This is gonna be a multi-part post...have a lot to share.

Stopped by Nordstrom Rack while I was home last week for the holidays. Found a Gant Rugger peak lapel marked down to $80 (original retail $595). Was on the fence about it, but was in a spendy mood and it was also 25% off clearance items. When the cashier rung it up, she says "wow looks like you found a penny item. I've heard of this, but I've never seen it myself."

Apparently this is a thing, and the store must honor the price that's in the system.

Comment

...cont'd

Not a true thrift, but grabbed this at the Nordstrom Rack near my house in Kansas City for 90% off retail:

Words cannot describe how nice this fabric is.

Comment

...cont'd

and a couple of true thrifts from Denver / Kansas City:

Vintage repp stripe

Comment

...cont'd

Amazing vintage 3 piece tweed. Full canvas, 3/2 roll, flat front pants. Hip pockets still basted shut - pretty sure this thing hasn't seen the light of day.

Comment

Just started thrifting this week as I needed some new shirts for work. Anyways are the Barrister navy Blazers worth $8 and have them tailored if they are 100% wool. I found one, I like it and bought it but wondered if it's to old styled. I know nothing about it other than it fit pretty much except it needs taken in. Also found a cashmere brooks brothers neck for $16 that fits me almost perfect that I am really happy about

Comment

Originally posted by cotoks View Post
                                This is gonna be a multi-part post...have a lot to share.

Stopped by Nordstrom Rack while I was home last week for the holidays. Found a Gant Rugger peak lapel marked down to $80 (original retail $595). Was on the fence about it, but was in a spendy mood and it was also 25% off clearance items. When the cashier rung it up, she says "wow looks like you found a penny item. I've heard of this, but I've never seen it myself."

Apparently this is a thing, and the store must honor the price that's in the system.

WOW!! My local NR has a few Gant jackets on clearance, but most are still out of my price range for seasonal jackets. I might see what those ring up..

Comment

Working...
                                X