X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
    no ...
    Word. Just didn't know if there was some unspoken rule about it.

Comment

I just acquired a vintage smoking jacket. There are no content tags, I'm guessing it could be poly or a heavy silk, cannot really tell. I'm wondering if I can hand wash it or if dry cleaning is the way to go? It looks like Chinese brocade. Any suggestions?

Comment

Found a Christian Dior shirt at the local thrift store in my size.

Comment

Thrifting

I noticed my favorite local thrift store has officially jacked their prices on clothing. Went today and saw that most of their button up dress/casual shirts were now priced @ $9.99. They also seem to be taking liberties with how they price NWT merch. $49.99 for jackets, for example. Thanks but no thanks. I knew GW had kinda started upping their prices but this other store is also a non-profit. The price increases almost make it pointless to go thrifting if I don't think I'm getting a deal. Looks like I won't be shopping at this thrift store anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Jaydb View Post
            Found a Christian Dior shirt at the local thrift store in my size.
            Probably a diffusion line but if it fits, it fits.

Picked up two shirts at the local consignment store, Borrelli and Alessandro Gherardi in my size. Excellent condition, about the price of a CT shirt on sale, so not thrift-store prices, but the sleeves on the latter shirt were attached by hand and it's the most incredible 200/2 cotton fabric I've ever felt.

Comment

Snagged a wool/cashmere Brooks blazer with the pockets still sealed. Immaculate condition, almost NWT. This thing feels amazing. Just wish it was my size.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                Snagged a wool/cashmere Brooks blazer with the pockets still sealed. Immaculate condition, almost NWT. This thing feels amazing. Just wish it was my size.
                What size is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jshackleford View Post
                  What size is it?
                  Pretty sure it's a 44L but I'll check after work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jshackleford View Post
                    What size is it?
                    43R - 38

http://i.imgur.com/N5CP3Rw.jpg

Comment

Stopped by GW today and Snagged 3 J Crew OCBD's and a J Crew v-neck sweater

Comment

Thrifting

Wow, today was a good day. /ice cube

1. Corneliani "extra fine 100" 3 button wool blazer in a 54EU/44US.
                        2. Samuelsohn Super 180s 2 button wool blazer in a 40S.
                        3. Gianni Versace Couture vintage 3 button black wool blazer WITH POCKETS UNOPENED. No size, but 46ish.
                        4. HSM Glen plaid blazer, standard Dillard's line, but NWOT. Size 42R.

Passed on a few HSM Gold Trumpeter Blazers and a legit ooooold (but smelly) W. Bill tweed blazer.

Comment

mcadamsandwich what do you do with the stuff that doesnt fit you? sell it on ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by mtsingh View Post
                            mcadamsandwich what do you do with the stuff that doesnt fit you? sell it on ebay?
                            Usually, yes. Grailed, ebay, etc.

Comment

Passed on two 44r suits vintage burberry and HSM gold trumpeter. Pleated pants $15 each

Comment

Thrifted a couple more casual OCBD's and a North Face LS shirt. I came across a used Barbour flannel today but had to pass on it because it fit too small. It was labeled a large but fit like a medium. Bummed about that one cuz I've never come across used Barbour stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X