Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go once a week. I have 6 different stores I go to. I buy for me and good stuff to sell on eBay. There are plenty of $20 suits for people that really need them. That $20 high end suit that I can turn into $100 or more is worth it. If I can flip it I'll buy it.

Comment

Recently got an awesome Paul Stuart chambray. Band collar little military styling freaking awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by gaseousclay View Post
        as i've heard that GW has also been raising their prices.
        My local thrifts seem to have this trend. Fortunately the staff is almost never men in their 40s so they cannot recognize a decent jacket or dress pant so I still get some good deals on work clothes but casual clothes forget it - they know what they are looking at. Fortunately with the baby boom retiring a lot of decent stuff tends to hit in a wave (thanks guy my size who donated the Samuelsohn sportcoat and really nice dress overcoat!) as they prune their business wardrobe.

Comment

First trip to my local Goodwill - picked up a nice Brooks Brothers merino wool cardigan for $4!

Comment

Alden, 10

Florsheim by Duckie Brown, 11

Comment

Originally posted by kevinj3 View Post
              Here are those same shoes but refinished to a new color.

That refinish job looks pretty great. Did you do it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by P J View Post
                That refinish job looks pretty great. Did you do it yourself?
                After I bought the shoes at goodwill I used my phone to find a cobbler. Turned out there was one across the street with great reviews on yelp. Cost me $35 and it took a week.

Comment

Suit ...

Suit ...

Sportcoat...

Man, these are all really, really nice. Who made them?

If you don't know Kiton: https://www.stanleykorshak.com/produ...ane-Suit/11223

Comment

Nuts! I noticed the high gorge and wide lapels and was going to guess Italian but I wasn't expecting freaking Kiton. Your size?

Comment

of course not ...

Comment

Crazy finding Kiton.

Comment

3x crazy.

In my local GoodWill I get excited if I see J.Crew. I lived in a metro area in law school... I did a lot more thrifting those days because the pickings were so much better. But living in a small town in the middle of nowhere makes for terrible thrifting. The rich people here wear Arc'Teryx and Canada Goose and apparently either throw it away or wait until they take their private jet back to New Massanecticut to donate it.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            3x crazy.

In my local GoodWill I get excited if I see J.Crew. I lived in a metro area in law school... I did a lot more thrifting those days because the pickings were so much better. But living in a small town in the middle of nowhere makes for terrible thrifting. The rich people here wear Arc'Teryx and Canada Goose and apparently either throw it away or wait until they take their private jet back to New Massanecticut to donate it.
                            I rarely find high end Italian brands at the thrift store. I came across a grey wool pea coat from J Crew the other day but left it. The pockets had holes in them and I had no need for style of jacket. Also came across a NWT Tilley military style vest in navy for $15 but left it. Checked Tilleys site and saw how expensive they were. Almost went back for it to see if I could flip it on eBay but I'm a lazy ass

Comment

Question: do you guys have Goodwill/thrift finds cleaned before flipping? Some of the items I pick up have that ever-present Goodwill smell and I know I wouldn't wear them like that.

Picked up three blazers today. An Oxxford, a Burberry (USA/HF), and a......Brioni! :O

Comment

no ...

Comment

Working...
                                X