This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
    I've recently started browsing thrift stores as a frugal way to upgrade my wardrobe.

I'm curious if I did a good job today - this is new to me. What do you think?

1. Wool/silk trousers. Clearly was part of a suit but couldn't find the jacket anyplace. Label suggests that the fabric is Zenga? They have pleats. Do you think they'd work as odd trousers?

2. Emilio Zenga cashmere sport coat. Fits perfectly. When I got it home I saw that the back seam looks like it has been pulled. (Newbie mistake.). Anyone know if a good tailor could fix that?

3. Not too exciting but decent JAB wool/silk sports coat. Again - fits great.
    The trousers would be hard to pull off without going the high fashion route, the two sport coats look awesome though! I'm not sure on the seam but I can't see why it would be an issue?

Comment

I took the sport coat to a tailor. After getting him over his confusion (he thought that the coat must be too small for me since the seam had pulled - I explained that I'd just gotten it the day before), he said that they could fix it. Not too bad for $6!

Comment

Here's my find. Do I win thrift of the day?

Pal Zileri silk+cashmere sport coat! cream with sky blue windowpane check.

Yes, it is available...

Comment

Originally posted by Delish333 View Post
          Here's my find. Do I win thrift of the day?

Pal Zileri silk+cashmere sport coat! cream with sky blue windowpane check.

Yes, it is available...
          Size? Or measurements, if it's a 40r I'd love it

Comment

Originally posted by Jshackleford View Post
            Size? Or measurements, if it's a 40r I'd love it
            It's a 44, maybe a 44 long. I'm a 42 R and it's at least a couple inches longer on me. Sorry. Next time I come across one (doesn't everyone see these weekly?) I'll let you know.

Comment

I'm still waiting on pictures, but my girlfriend just called and said she picked up a pair of Allen Edmonds Bradleys in my size. From a quick googling-those are cordovan? Either way, they were less than two dollars.

Comment

Well, they could be. Share pics when you get them.

Comment

This is what I've seen so far.

Comment

I found what I think to be a custom made suit (half canvas, no labels other than dry clean only, belt loops sewn into the waistband) at a thrift store the other day for $4.50. I totally forgot to take photos before I started ripping it apart to make a pattern though.

Comment

[MENTION=10108]TravelingJ[/MENTION]: Nope.

Comment

Oh well. I imagine I can get $1.60 worth of use out of them.

Comment

Found at Marshalls: Gaziano & Girling for Ralph Lauren Purple Label brown calf tassel loafers - $299, MSRP probably between $1,200 and $1,350. Bought 4 pairs to flip, although the one in my size will probably be the last one I list...just in case (being as I could otherwise never afford to own a pair of G&Gs). And I signed up for a TJ Maxx credit card for the 10% discount bringing these to $285/pair after taxes. I think they're great looking shoes:

I realize this is not a thrift find, but figured it would be most appreciated in this thread.

Comment

[MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION]: HOLY BALLS.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                              [MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION]: HOLY BALLS.
                              [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] - thanks, you have no idea how much I've been DYING to share this with someone (or someones, as the case may be) who would appreciate it - your comment did not disappoint!

Comment

[MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION], Gorgeous and great find.

Comment

Working...
                                X