• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't the craziest jean find, but not bad

Annnnnnd.....

my first true LP find

Comment

That looks like a shirt, not a record. ??

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
      This isn't the craziest jean find, but not bad

Annnnnnd.....

my first true LP find

Comment

^^ Actual Loro Piana, not just something made with LP cloth

Comment

I see.

Comment

Originally posted by orthoguy View Post
            Don't know how many folks here in the forums will appreciate this one, but I had a great thrift find last weekend. I dropped some stuff off at Goodwill to donate and took a look through the store, too. I saw a cowboy hat. Black. A little dusty. Took it down off the shelf and saw that it was a Resistol "Black Gold" 20x beaver hat, in my size, and still perfectly shaped. Retail cost ~ $400. Sticker price = $6.99. Brought it home and cleaned it up and it is PERFECT.
            Awesome find. I suggest a really good cleaning on hats to verify that lice/etc. isn't an issue (psychological itching ensues).
            Looks like even if you didn't want to keep it that flipping on ebay wouldn't be hard either.

Comment

I wish I could find decent stuff at Goodwill. I've never been successful there. I think the problem is that I can't get to the GWs that are located in affluent areas very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                I wish I could find decent stuff at Goodwill. I've never been successful there. I think the problem is that I can't get to the GWs that are located in affluent areas very often.
                My problem too. That, and I only buy stuff in my size that I like. I have found some interesting things and some nice labels but if I can't wear it, I don't buy it.

Comment

True for me, too. I sometimes find a few good things but they're either much too small or too big.

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                  My problem too. That, and I only buy stuff in my size that I like. I have found some interesting things and some nice labels but if I can't wear it, I don't buy it.

Comment

Guys: TRADE. Let's get this off the ground. SF has a huge trading community; it would be cool to see that happen here.

Comment

Guys: TRADE. Let's get this off the ground. SF has a huge trading community; it would be cool to see that happen here.
                      I would be cool with that but I would only buy if I knew that someone here was the size I was looking at. Say I knew Duvel was a 40L and I run across a sweet 40L I would consider picking it up and trading. Other than that, I am not stockpiling stuff int he hopes that someone else may want it eventually.

Comment

I like it. I have 2 thrift shops nearby that have great quality stuff but it's rare that it is in my size.

Comment

I like it! I have a pair of J Press grey trousers I'd love to trade for something else useable. They just don't fit in my wardrobe anymore.

Comment

42R, by the way. Specifically interested in tweed/seersucker/other sport coats in 1960s throwback style, e.g., 3/2 button, 2-button with wider lapels. Thanks.

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                            I would be cool with that but I would only buy if I knew that someone here was the size I was looking at. Say I knew Duvel was a 40L and I run across a sweet 40L I would consider picking it up and trading. Other than that, I am not stockpiling stuff int he hopes that someone else may want it eventually.

Comment

What size would those be?

Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
                              I like it! I have a pair of J Press grey trousers I'd love to trade for something else useable. They just don't fit in my wardrobe anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                                What size would those be?
                                They're marked as a 34" waist, but measure at or just over 35" and have more material to let out. I can double check when I get home if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X