This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some finds from this week:

1) Stafford - blue stripe 16 34/35 (new and my size)
    2) Canvas colored cotton belt
    3) Blue wove silk slim tie with green Christmas trees
    4) And this rediculous sweater for shits and giggles.

Total: $10.21

Comment

[MENTION=11750]danthaman[/MENTION], just curious--do you consider these great finds?

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
        [MENTION=11750]danthaman[/MENTION], just curious--do you consider these great finds?
        Nope

Comment

Anyone fit these measurements?

P2P- 25
          Sleeve- 27
          Shoulder- 21.5
          length BOC- 32

Comment

More or less, yes. Whatcha got?!

Originally posted by jonATL View Post

P2P- 25
            Sleeve- 27
            Shoulder- 21.5
            length BOC- 32

Comment

Not thrifts, but since I just finished my finals, I decided to reward myself a bit. Any info on Appalachian Tanning and Tailoring would be most welcome!
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/50s-60s-Vint...vip=true&rt=nc
              and diz
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/131186051467...84.m1439.l2649

Comment

So where do you guys have the best luck with thrifting? At thrift shops or consignment shops? Assuming consignment...I know of a consignment place that sells suits, jackets, shirts, ties I'm going to hit after work today...then another that is supposedly highly thought of but not sure what exactly they carry (dress clothes or more casual).

Comment

Consignment shops are more consistent but more pricey. It's hard to beat finding something crazy at Goodwill and paying $5 for it. Diligent thrifting can pay off big if you have a store with good stock. We do around here, so I stick to that.

If you have something specific in mind that you're after, try consignment. If you're going with no specific needs and just trying to find something cool, stick to thrift shops.

Comment

Originally posted by bobellis75 View Post
                    So where do you guys have the best luck with thrifting? At thrift shops or consignment shops? Assuming consignment...I know of a consignment place that sells suits, jackets, shirts, ties I'm going to hit after work today...then another that is supposedly highly thought of but not sure what exactly they carry (dress clothes or more casual).
                    I stick to thrift stores. Consignment shops are a ripoff. I've had no better luck in a consignment shop, nor did I find the selections any nicer. Thrift stores will always be hit or miss. I buy clothing based on need and time of year. My most recent buys were a couple of long sleeve button up shirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of khakis and a short sleeve button up.

Comment

I've never found a good deal at a consignment store. Thrift stores where it at!

Comment

Prices at consignment stores can be very similar to what's available on eBay, or even retail items on deep discount!

Comment

Hi all,
                          I'm pretty new to posting in the threads. I've been reading the site for about two years and thrifting for about one. I have found some pretty good stuff at my local Goodwill. My latest find is a Brooks Brothers sport coat. It's too big for me (45R) but I couldn't leave it there and thought I would try to flip it on ebay. Its a classic Brooks Brothers style (single vent, 3/2, sack) not popular with all but it's a trad/Ivy look (that is growing on me). I thought I would share it and see what everyone thought.

Comment

Wow! didn't know that, thanks. It looks like they don't sell for too much, oh well...

Comment

How do you clean thrifted ties before you wear them?

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
                                How do you clean thrifted ties before you wear them?
                                Depends on the fabric. If it's silk and it's stained, it's probably a lost cause.

Here's a link to a guide to gently washing silk ties:

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-clean-silk-ties/

Comment

Working...
                                X