Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not a thrift score but I was willing to pull the trigger on one of these if I found it below $200. Many many thanks to Put this on hehe.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/321381060774...84.m1439.l2649

Comment

Originally posted by cotoks View Post
      Hickey Freeman is a very solid American suit maker. Their current mainline is very good - probably at the same level in the suit hierarchy as Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece and Canali.

I'm guessing your's is from the early 90s. Here's a conversation about the HF Boardroom from AAAC:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...uot-circa-1993

Because of the styling trends at the time your's was made, it has a really low gorge. If the notch in the lapel is lower than your shirt collar points, it's going to look dated. Definitely post a fit pic when you get the chance.

I finally got around to taking some better pictures of a tweed sport coat I posted over on SF about a month ago.

Behold

This thing is stone cold mint, and dare I say NWOT.
      THAT is amazing

Comment

Just picked up this brownish tweed Pendleton Woolen Mills blazer. Has patch pockets, two buttons, single vent, expandable rear shoulder seams, and suede elbow patches. Amazingly, it was in my size albeit a bit large. This will make an excellent blazer this fall.

Comment

Q: When can Jos Bank be considered "the good stuff?"

A:

Comment

Thrifted my first pair of shells this afternoon:

Older pair of AE Randolphs. I now understand what all the fuss is about.

Comment

Great find. Those are a great looking loafer.

Comment

[MENTION=8849]cotoks[/MENTION]
                That pair is so sweet. Wear them in good health, I would love to come across my first pair of shells sometime soon.

Comment

Great recent finds over the past bit. No photos yet but will post later.

Hermes grey chain linked tie
                  Hermes navy flowering pot and watering can
                  Louis Vuitton signature Lv print tie awesome
                  Scotch and soda "brewer" anti fit jeans. Wicked sweet old school denim feel. Suspender buttons, thick pockets and stitching. Darned and faded. Really a vintage feel. Trying to sell them on eBay if not they will be my motorcycle denim.

Comment

[MENTION=8849]cotoks[/MENTION] Those are in pretty great condition. Someday you can have them recrafted, and you'll have an essentially new pair of shell loafers!

Comment

Let me know if you guys want either of these:

Nudie Average Joe Organic Dry Brown Selvage, 34x34
                      J crew Westbourne overcoat, L Tall

Comment

Not as awesome of a find as some of you guys but I was happy to grab a pair of J Crew slim-straight selvedge jeans in "resin crinkle" this weekend for $20.

These:
                        https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...8650/38650.jsp
                        My cocktail videos >

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
                          Not as awesome of a find as some of you guys but I was happy to grab a pair of J Crew slim-straight selvedge jeans in "resin crinkle" this weekend for $20.

These:
                          https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...8650/38650.jsp
                          Those are my current favorite pair of jeans. Nice score!

Comment

Had a crazy idea this weekend while thrifting and picked up a ruined dress shirt from H. Stockton (men's store in Atlanta) at Goodwill. Cut and sewed the back section into a pocket square. Took a while and obviously not the same quality as some higher-end options, but I'm happy with how it turned out!

Comment

I know it's not exactly thrifting, but does anyone on here regularly check out Etsy for stuff? I haven't bought anything for myself yet, but I've found like a dozen different things ranging from ferragamo spats to a vintage bonnie cashin briefcase for my wife.

Comment

Never been a great fan of thrift shops but with the way the economy is and my expensive taste I guess I will have to revert to them their are great ones in down town Manhattan I guess I will have to start visiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X