Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotoks, I assume you're considering my request about letting me know if you pick up a size 42R Baracuta?

Comment

^^^ just replied to your PM.

Comment

Got it, thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=2422]jonATL[/MENTION] yes definitely! Although I'm looking for cash at the moment since I'm trying to start paying off my college loans. Would you be down for sales? I can also trade with you depending on what you can offer. Probably going to try and get rid of the sugar canes, the ROYs and the APC x Carhartt pair. I might try to fit myself into the IHs since they apparently stretch about an inch after the first wash.

Comment

I'm looking for a skinny fit in either 32/33, so if those fit the bill at all, let me know.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111299519560
              90% off retail and will definitely be my go-to formal and casual shoes.

Comment

I found a 42L Hickey Freeman Boardroom (L-something, I'm annoyed that I have forgotten already) suit in Navy windowpane for $7.00.

The one downside is that I'm a 42R.

Comment

So it doesn't fit?

Comment

I don't think so. Unless the tailor can do something.

I suppose it's not the one downside. It's got some yellowing in the pants from stains, and it's got pleated pants. But a clean and I could otherwise deal with the pleats if I could fix the length.

Comment

Domino, you've violated at least one very good rule of thrifting: Size matters (don't buy it if it doesn't fit).

And maybe another: If it makes you only go, "It's okay," and not, "Heck, yeah!", leave it there.

And yellow stains in the pants. Seriously?

Comment

I didn't actually buy it. Mostly I was mentioning it in case someone else wanted me to pick it up for them. The stains I think are just general wear, not like someone piddled in it.

Comment

Oh. Well, that's very different. Never mind.

See any Baracutas in medium or size 42, by any chance?

Comment

Aside from being the jacket I've seen photos of Steve McQueen wearing, I honestly don't know that I'd be able to recognize one even if I saw it. I haven't stumbled across one as far as I know though.

Comment

I try to once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                                (don't buy it if it doesn't fit).
                                This is Rule #1.

Unless you plan on flipping it, don't waste your time/money on something that doesn't fit or can't be persuaded to fit for a few dollars more.

Comment

Working...
                                X