This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    Why not let them know? Sometimes constructive criticism is warranted and helpful. They could sell more ties if they were in better condition. It's a win-win!
    I have and they still do it. the thing is, the thrift store I go to is a non-profit that helps the disabled, so i'm not sure if I should keep badgering them about their ties or lack of protocol

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
      Edwin is a good brand, but those aren't selvedge jeans so aren't really considered premium by the denim connoisseurs, still way better than Levi's at a Levi's-price.
      To expand on this a little, there can be a difference between selvedge denim and "premium" denim. Not all premium jeans are selvedge, and not all selvedge is premium.

IE: AG jeans are markedly better than Levi's; they're incredibly soft and comfortable, but they are not selvedge. They are premium, "high-end" jeans. On the flip side, JCP's in-house brand Arizona sells a cheap line of selvedge denim for under $40. It's real-deal selvedge, but they are not premium jeans.

Originally posted by gaseousclay View Post
      I have and they still do it. the thing is, the thrift store I go to is a non-profit that helps the disabled, so i'm not sure if I should keep badgering them about their ties or lack of protocol
      Dang. Well, good on them for helping the disabled. That takes precedence over fashion accessories.

Comment

Thrifted an authentic m65 field jacket small regular. This getting leaner thing is starting to work getting closer to a 38R.

Comment

Kopped a Samuelsohn sportcoat ($15) and a really nice NWT heavy overcoat ($20) my size in the local Value Village. My Sally Ann also had a decent puffa vest for $11 which is great since my family just took up cross country skiing and all of my coats were wool up to that point. Coupled with 2 Gloveralls (I gave one to a friend) for $15 and $17 respectively it has been a good year for outerwear.

I suspect a guy my size just retired so I am keeping an eye on thrift store where I got the sportcoat and overcoat.

Comment

Thrift fit:

Vintage Gieves and Hawkes by Chester Barrie suit (trade)
            Paul Stuart tie (thrift)
            Allen Edmonds (thrift)
            Ratio shirt (gift)

Comment

Forgot to post this. Thrifted a Bonham manufacturing kearsey wool peacoat. Apparently this dropping weight thing is working since my M65 is a small and this is a 38R.

Pictures but it still at the dry cleaners.

Comment

Not sure how this stacks up but this week: RRL Black jeans (looks almost unworn) , Brooks Brothers Makers jacket. Duckie brown Florsheims. almost new looking vint early 80s A&F wool lined coat (cloth exterior), and a harris tweed coat which fits perfect! http://pdxtonyd.imgur.com/all/

Comment

Anyone here wear a 46 L in Hickey Freeman?

Comment

Just found an indochino essential Grey suit for 13 bucks...Unfortunately it's small. Which is saying something because I wear a 36s jacket. Gonna try to sell it.

Comment

PM me with measurements. I'm 36" chest, 30" waist, narrow shoulders so I wear a 34S in J Crew/JCF/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                        Anyone here wear a 46 L in Hickey Freeman?
                        I'm a 42R. I imagine I could get it tailored.

Comment

Duvel 46-42 might be tricky. Shoulders on a 46R are going to overhang mucho.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                            Duvel 46-42 might be tricky. Shoulders on a 46R are going to overhang mucho.
                            +1, if you were being serious. That's asking a tailor to pretty much remake the jacket. Tailoring costs would be as much as just buying a new one OTR.

Comment

^^^ If he wants to buy a 2007-ish Hickey Freeman MTM suit for enough that I make a little bit of money for my time, I'm pretty sure he'll come out way ahead after tailoring.

But yes, a 46L to a 42R is asking a hell of a lot, and you'd better have a good tailor that you trust.

Comment

Working...
                              X