This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    Why not let them know? Sometimes constructive criticism is warranted and helpful. They could sell more ties if they were in better condition. It's a win-win!
    I have and they still do it. the thing is, the thrift store I go to is a non-profit that helps the disabled, so i'm not sure if I should keep badgering them about their ties or lack of protocol

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie View Post
      Edwin is a good brand, but those aren't selvedge jeans so aren't really considered premium by the denim connoisseurs, still way better than Levi's at a Levi's-price.
      To expand on this a little, there can be a difference between selvedge denim and "premium" denim. Not all premium jeans are selvedge, and not all selvedge is premium.

IE: AG jeans are markedly better than Levi's; they're incredibly soft and comfortable, but they are not selvedge. They are premium, "high-end" jeans. On the flip side, JCP's in-house brand Arizona sells a cheap line of selvedge denim for under $40. It's real-deal selvedge, but they are not premium jeans.

Originally posted by gaseousclay View Post
      I have and they still do it. the thing is, the thrift store I go to is a non-profit that helps the disabled, so i'm not sure if I should keep badgering them about their ties or lack of protocol
      Dang. Well, good on them for helping the disabled. That takes precedence over fashion accessories.

Comment

• Thrifted an authentic m65 field jacket small regular. This getting leaner thing is starting to work getting closer to a 38R.

Comment

• Kopped a Samuelsohn sportcoat ($15) and a really nice NWT heavy overcoat ($20) my size in the local Value Village. My Sally Ann also had a decent puffa vest for $11 which is great since my family just took up cross country skiing and all of my coats were wool up to that point. Coupled with 2 Gloveralls (I gave one to a friend) for $15 and $17 respectively it has been a good year for outerwear.

I suspect a guy my size just retired so I am keeping an eye on thrift store where I got the sportcoat and overcoat.

Comment

• Thrift fit:

Vintage Gieves and Hawkes by Chester Barrie suit (trade)
            Paul Stuart tie (thrift)
            Allen Edmonds (thrift)
            Ratio shirt (gift)

Comment

• Forgot to post this. Thrifted a Bonham manufacturing kearsey wool peacoat. Apparently this dropping weight thing is working since my M65 is a small and this is a 38R.

Pictures but it still at the dry cleaners.

Comment

• Not sure how this stacks up but this week: RRL Black jeans (looks almost unworn) , Brooks Brothers Makers jacket. Duckie brown Florsheims. almost new looking vint early 80s A&F wool lined coat (cloth exterior), and a harris tweed coat which fits perfect! http://pdxtonyd.imgur.com/all/

Comment

• Anyone here wear a 46 L in Hickey Freeman?

Comment

• Just found an indochino essential Grey suit for 13 bucks...Unfortunately it's small. Which is saying something because I wear a 36s jacket. Gonna try to sell it.

Comment

• PM me with measurements. I'm 36" chest, 30" waist, narrow shoulders so I wear a 34S in J Crew/JCF/etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                        Anyone here wear a 46 L in Hickey Freeman?
                        I'm a 42R. I imagine I could get it tailored.

Comment

• Duvel 46-42 might be tricky. Shoulders on a 46R are going to overhang mucho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                            Duvel 46-42 might be tricky. Shoulders on a 46R are going to overhang mucho.
                            +1, if you were being serious. That's asking a tailor to pretty much remake the jacket. Tailoring costs would be as much as just buying a new one OTR.

Comment

• ^^^ If he wants to buy a 2007-ish Hickey Freeman MTM suit for enough that I make a little bit of money for my time, I'm pretty sure he'll come out way ahead after tailoring.

But yes, a 46L to a 42R is asking a hell of a lot, and you'd better have a good tailor that you trust.

Comment

Working...
                              X