Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's not too much trouble, that would be awesome. I'd be happy to reimburse you for the price, shipping, your time, etc. If you do pick it up, we can get in touch via facebook.

Ben

Comment

• Man, I've been out of the loop. Out of town and then slammed at work. Here's the BB Shirts:

Light Blue

White w/Light Gray Pinstripes

Pinstripe Close-up

The material is noticeably nicer than anything in my closet. They're both up for trade if anyone's interested. They'll need tailoring due to them being "traditional fit".

Comment

• Damn you BenR, that HF is dope...JC (and everyone else) if you spot anything in 37-38 take pics and post, I need some plaid suits! lol i dont but i do

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
        I>0<I

Comment

• Agreed with @MaxMan. That HF is a sweet deal. I find a ton of sport jackets but no suits, Max. I'll post them up when I have time.

Comment

• It's probably gonna be next week before I get back over there... They have very short hours and I could only basically go at lunch. Since there's a lot of interest, I'll be on the lookout for good quality 37-38 sized suits and just buy them up since they're only $10.

Comment

• I bought the best (and by "best" I mean "lamest") tie at the thrift store today. It's hunter green with a pretty standard paisley design, but interspersed among the little paisley bits are itty bitty pheasants. My dad happens to be an upland fowl hunter, mostly of grouse and pheasants, so the little birds made me lol. For $3, why not? Plus the tie was in good shape, clean, and a decent width, unlike 90% of the ties there. I'll post pics, probably tomorrow.

I also came across a pair of monkstrap shoes in my size. I thought about getting them but the toe was rather square and the straps themselves were in pretty poor condition. There was also a pair of pull-on motorcycle boots that were close but no cigar.

Ben

Comment

• Jason, how do I get in on this? If you can find Oxxford or Hickey Freeman suits for $10, well... hello new best friend.

Comment

• @bruschetta, what size are you? I'm gonna look for the 37-38 sized guys next week.

Comment

• Pretty good thrifting day for me yesterday.

I had to go to a downtown station to get my picture taken for a transit pass, and found a Goodwill beside it.

It was a treasure trove of good quality stuff - I found a lot of Brooks Brothers, Canali, Corneliani, Ermenegildo Zegna, Ralph Lauren suits and dress shirts.

Came out with a two piece charcoal Brooks Brothers suit, and three BB shirts for ~$30. Pics coming up. Maybe.

I should've known this goodwill had nice stuff. It's near Yorkville, Toronto's upscale neighborhood. I sometimes see Drake walking here with his entourage haha.

I'd share the wealth and grab some for you guys, but I don't know if paying for international shipping would be worth it for you guys.

Comment

• Wow... I'm just across the lake from you @heimdal... I may see a visit to Toronto in my future.

So you left the Canali, Corneliani, and Zegna stuff behind?

Comment

• Yeah, I was in a hurry since I was already late so I just picked up a few that looked to be in good shape. I'm planning a return trip soon, hopefully it'll all still be there for me to inspect. Might take some pics of those too. The content should serve as a good sample of the possible steals to be had there.

@JC: you really should come visit, toronto is a good place for thrifting. A lot of vintage stores that deal with quality items at reasonable prices.

Comment

• I went to a shop near my office at lunch. I got a NWT camel blazer from Alexander Shields on Park Ave NYC (never heard of it)... Seemed nice and, most importantly, fit very well and won't need tailoring. It was originally marked at $185, down to $120, and I got it for $15 + tax.

I also saw a very nice Hickey Freeman sportcoat there, size 38. I tried it on, and it's definitely too small for me so 38 seems right.

Here's some pics of the HF (the last 3):

https://picasaweb.google.com/113945713053434575160/Thrifting?authkey=Gv1sRgCOLihM3S8Puy_wE#5668601596 321507058

EDIT: It's actually more brown than it looks there... More like the chocolatey brown of the liner

Comment

• Jason, I'm a 38R, or a heavily tailored 40R. Please me know if you find anything interesting!

Also, I'd be glad to check out the local thrift stores if any of you are interested in cowboy or hispanic attire. I live in the heart of the southwest!

Comment

• Here's the cheesy pheasant tie I got...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/theantiduck/P1060119.jpg

It's more pleasant for pheasants at present. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Ben

Comment

• PS: Jason, you're killing me with comments that say a blazer " won't need tailoring". Get it tailored, even if you only make minimal alterations. Tailoring should only cost $20-30 and the clothes will fit you perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X