X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
    WHAMMY!

Nice! I'm a Braves fan (even when they were back in Milwaukee), but I'm not sure I'd love the Braves letters across the chest. Can they be unstitched?

Comment

Thrifted some made in England red and navy striped suspenders made of silk.
      Two vintage golf summer weight cotton pants gingham check navy white and green navy white. Flipping awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ravi View Post
        damn what a find. how much was it?
        $8 ... or $6?

40 R vintage tux. The wool is insanely soft, but it's definitely a fall/winter tux.

Comment

Everything is available.

Sweet Polo half norfolk jacket, 40 R.

1970s levis corduroy sherpa trucker's jacket. tagged 42, but runs a tad small.

Theory jacket. BIG.

Insanely Amazing Astor and Black sportcoat. HUGE!

Custom made for Atlanta Falcon Kroy Biermann.

Comment

Thrifting

Amazing find at Goodwill. Only $10! And in my size!!

Unfortunately, one arm had moth holes and the previous owner sat in liquid Cheetos.

Comment

My first venture thrifting, and I found a perfect gray BR wool/cashmere coat which fits like a glove, all for the sweet price of $15! It looks brand new!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                My first venture thrifting, and I found a perfect gray BR wool/cashmere coat which fits like a glove, all for the sweet price of $15! It looks brand new!
                Nice pickup.

Yesterday's first venture out since SNOWPOCALYPSE netted nine pretty killer jazz records (Brecker Brothers, three early Bobby McFerrin, Charnett Moffett, Fathead Newman ...) and

J Press hand tailored 3-2 awesomeness in my size! Really nice handwork everywhere with full canvas.

Comment

Got these for under $6. The tie is labeled "Neil's of Toledo-Columbus." Anyone familiar?

Comment

Jon, what kind of thrift stores are you finding this at? Goodwill or some sort of consignment shop?

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                      nine pretty killer jazz records (Brecker Brothers, three early Bobby McFerrin, Charnett Moffett, Fathead Newman ...)
                      Which Charnett? I have a bunch of bootlegs of him with Kenny Garrett.

Comment

Really love this moto jacket that I recently won on ebay for cheap. Definitely for myself and fits perfectly like a moto jacket should, also very heavy as the title of the auction suggests. Does Branded Leather make steerhide leather jackets? I only have a tag in one of the pockets that says 0503.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-leathe...vip=true&rt=nc

Comment

You're wearing a dead man's coat.

Comment

That seller can write one for sale ad haha. I like it for riding but I've never been a fan of that style for casual wear I always felt out of place wearing my bike jacket when I'm not on the Harley.

Comment

Consignment buy (so $45): Neiman Marcus brand super soft wool/cashmere tie, total impulse buy

Left behind a wool/silk gray and navy thick striped Canali tie for the same price, I know that sounds crazy but this tie just felt more special in the hands than the Canali, which I thought I could get a reasonable facsimile of from The Tie Bar. This tie looks like all of the winter ties I've been wanting from Yellow Hook Neck Tie and similar places.

Legit thrifted my first Barbera (tie). It's obviously in terrible shape with some small moth holes but I felt bad letting it just sit there at the SA and it only cost the money in my change holder. Thinking I'll try and open this up and see if there's enough to turn into a square.

Comment

Had to put some money into my car after i slid into a curb last week on the way to work, had to call out yesterday and get it fixed up.Walked over to the thrift store next to the garage and came up pretty nicely

two harris tweed blazers for 7.99 each and it was 50% off that color tag so 8 bucks total. Got these for ebay cause the sleeves are too short sadly
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wnqhh78xr...%2052%20PM.jpg
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvqex8zeox...%2011%20PM.jpg

For myself, been trying to find a wool navy blazer besides spending on a ludlow on ebay and came across a brooks brothers in my size. Will need the waist, maybe the chest taken in a bit, but besides that its good
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6yxau5vm5...%2050%20PM.jpg

And I found myself a short trench, which will probably be my go to spring jacket
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/atyzhx2ncf...%2013%20PM.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X