Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I know that thread but it's seriously sooo long. I guess since my item hasn't been listed yet I can hold off on throwing it up there and try SF and these forums first.

Don't we all get a certain # of free auctions / month? or is that only for store-owners?

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
      Don't we all get a certain # of free auctions / month? or is that only for store-owners?
      http://pages.ebay.com/ae/en-us/help/sell/fees.html

50 per month, but eBay offers promotions pretty frequently.

Comment

^ Most users get 50 free auctions a month. For me, they're advertising 500 free ones.. O.O

Comment

Selling on ebay is a hassle — I'd rather be thrifting — and I have a huge backlog of stuff. Pictures are key, but if you put something up as a BIN, it will probably sell eventually. I think if you start an auction at $199 or so, it would have the effect of being a BIN because you might not get many bids above that price. The number of sold completed listings should paint a pretty good picture of what you're able to get on ebay.

Selling on SF might be a good move at first, but don't think the item will get snatched up there, either. I don't think I've ever sold something directly through the SF exchange.

And "errors in the description" is also sometimes code for, "I took this off ebay for a trade with someone on Styleforum." To me, that seems a little more legit than selling it off ebay. But in my case, this was a BIN. If you end auctions early, or stop too many overall sales, you might get a reputation. Or maybe not.

So I don't really have any pearls of wisdom except that consigning with someone is rarely the answer unless you're sure you'll get good money (you're giving away half the ending price, after all) or the buyer sells as a BIN (there are some consignors in the thrift thread that aren't Spoo that have pretty good track records).

Feel free to ask questions. I might know the answers, but probably not.

Comment

Does anyone know the name of this fabric/weave on this Hickey Freeman jacket? It's like a birdseye/herringbone hybrid.

Comment

Not sure there is a name for it. Think they designed it as a hybrid to give it a textured look. Kinda cool.
              Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                  My God.

Most notable find this week:

Cha-Ching.

Comment

A couple of older BBs:

Charcoal herringbone tweed. The fabric is super soft. 43L.

edit: Forgot to add that this is a triple patch pocket.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps017d76b9.jpg
                    http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4da3e50c.jpg

Light blue windowpane. No content tag - I'm thinking wool/silk blend. 46R.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...psb8c2565a.jpg
                    http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps446c5205.jpg
                    http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...pse81da118.jpg

This one is a bit strange. Seems like the lapels have been pressed to make it a sort of 2 roll 1. Somehow missed a pen mark above the left hip pocket .

And an unknown (Vakko?) Italian made tie for myself.

Last edited by cotoks; November 21, 2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

It's going to cost me a bit to get this in working order (there are soooo many moth nibbles), but it's probably worth it:

Comment

Couple "new" items:

First is a local thrift for a whopping $4. Vintage Levis brown cord sport coat. Wore it out for the first time today and it was great for the weather.

Second is an e-thrift from good 'ol Ebay. Ludlow Fielding unconstructed in oxford cloth. 3/2 roll, with a throat latch that has buttons to store it on the inside of the lapel, or under the collar. Soft but substantial fabric. My first Ludlow of any kind and I love it!

Close up of fabric.

I'm realizing these kind of more casual fabric sport coats, and especially the unconstructed kind, are more my cup of tea than anything else. That oxford cloth is going to get worn a ton, I suspect!

Comment

Andrew, I really like the look of that cord jacket on you, man. Nice! I see quite a few tan ones at my local thrifts, but they are usually boxier and quite often *Jordache*. What?!?! Don't get me wrong; I'm an '80s nut, and I have ... ahem... *three* Members Only jackets, but I'm not sure I'm willing to sport anything Jordache anytime soon in normal daily wear, at least.

That Ludlow is a style that I'm not as crazy about, with the patch pockets, etc. but that's just me and my present personal opinion. That could change at any given moment. It appears to fit you a little looser than the cord jacket, but maybe that's the pockets playing tricks on me. Dunno. Regardless, the material looks sweet.

Great finds!
                          Last edited by yoyorobbo; November 23, 2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments yoyo! Yeah, Jordache, probably not. I found a tan one that fits pretty darn good too just before this brown one.

I should have taken the time to set up the camera for the Ludlow jacket. It is bigger than the cord, the cord is as small as I can wear. I think my arm being up and the patch pockets make it look bigger than it is.

I here you on changing opinions. I'm hit or miss when it comes to patch pockets, but I do like these. I'll see if I can't set up the real camera...

...and here we go...could nip the sides a bit, but not bad...

Last edited by andrewlcraft; November 23, 2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Yep, looks much better in that 2nd pic. Nice!

Comment

I like the wider lapel width on the Ludlow Fielding better, compared to the typical Ludlow.

Comment

Working...
                                X