This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cotoks View Post
    Would be great to get a core of thrifters looking to trade on Dappered.
    I'm all for it, if everyone wants to start posting more. A year or so ago, Dappered had a pretty active thrifting community. I think we need to just show people that there's an interest. And keep in mind, cool thrift finds of any kind would be awesome to see. I'm going to start tearing through stores looking for a vintage trunk.

Originally posted by cotoks View Post
    NWT Vintage Macy's Men's Store wool sweater
    That's amazing and should be put on ebay right now if you like money.

Comment

^^^

I saw that trunk posted on SF - yowza that thing is incredible.

Any idea on the date range of the Macy's sweater?

Comment

No idea about the date, but I was just thinking that it might be gobbled up by someone looking for a tacky sweater party item, even though it's on the extremely tasteful side of the spectrum.

Comment

I bought a Land's End oilcloth jacket last fall as a Barbour stand in. I still like it a lot, but I like this even more. Especially for $20, all in.

Barbour Border, which is meant for tall people, I guess. I'm short, but it'll work.

Comment

^ If you think it's too long, send it back to Barbour and have it chopped. They do a bit of tailoring.

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
              I bought a Land's End oilcloth jacket last fall as a Barbour stand in. I still like it a lot, but I like this even more. Especially for $20, all in.

Comment

My local Goodwill has a nice Daniel Cremieux navy (really faint glen plaid check) suit for $20; made from Loro Piana wool. The jacket fits like a glove, but I didn't try the pants on. They look tailored already.

Worth the $20 and a trip to the seamstress?

Comment

If it was made in Italy, it's done by Isaia and is definitely worth a trip to the seamstress.

The tags will look like this:

Comment

I didn't see a white tag like that, but it did have a smaller (newer?) Loro Piana tag like this:

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                      I didn't see a white tag like that, but it did have a smaller (newer?) Loro Piana tag like this:
                      That's just the fabric mill, not the suit manufacturer. If it has a white tag on the inside pocket like JonATL posted, then it's made by Isaia and it's a steal! It was fully canvassed I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                        Look on the inside for the LP and manufacturer tags. If not, Isaia, it's still a solid garment to wear.

Comment

Raffaele Caruso for Barney's. Hand tailored and gorgeous. Just too big in the chest for me (it's a 40). Going up on Ebay soon (starting at $199 but willing to give a deal for Dappered members).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dy7n7e8ma...20P1020476.JPG
                          https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bsrdma0bdgtvox/P1020453.jpg
                          https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdyeotn07cak5qb/IMAG1472.jpg

(Can't get the images to show up directly)
                          Last edited by LosRockets; November 13, 2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                            Raffaele Caruso for Barney's. Hand tailored and gorgeous.
                            Nice!!! What is it though? I can't tell from the pics if it's a suit, SC, or orphaned suit jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                              Raffaele Caruso for Barney's. Hand tailored and gorgeous.
                              That's pretty awesome, but are you sure it's not a suit jacket? If it is, it could probably be worn as a blazer. Put it up on ebay as a BIN and someone will buy it.

Comment

Not sure if it's a suit jacket. Could definitely be worn as a more formal blazer. Double-vented, half-canvassed, really classic for the most part. Buttons are dark. There were no pants associated with it and the jacket is on the short end (28.5" from BOC w/ 25" sleeves!? At least the sleeves are nonfunctional so a 40S can shorten them cheaply) I've got it scheduled to go up in the ad as a "Blazer" - is that a mistake? And how much more would I lose w/ a BIN vs an auction? The ad doesn't go up til tomorrow afternoon. Should I list it as a suit separate or something?
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrdw0fnysi956ex/P1020476.JPG
                                tag: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy5yhx0ybc14fed/P1020469.JPG

(I've had my eye on this for 7 or 8 months. It finally dropped to a reasonable price yesterday and I snatched it up. Nobody else knew what it was. The shopowner told me she looked for matching pants many times but couldn't ever find any)
                                Last edited by LosRockets; November 13, 2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X