• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh that HF is really nice.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Ducked out of work early and stopped at Savers

Not familiar with the brand, but this vintage (I think) made in Scotland fits great.

Murray Brothers pure new wool cardigan with leather buttons:

Details

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8d1a02af.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...pse7cef1be.jpg

And probably my best find ever - not so much in terms of value, but in terms of uniqueness and wearability.

Brooks Brothers 346 vintage 3/2 roll, triple patch pocket, single vent navy blazer:

Details

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6016aba1.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps562741e7.jpg

Comment

Found this complete suit at Goodwill yesterday, but didn't buy it. Short people suck! The jacket sleeves were about 1.5" too short. The pants were a good 5" too short. Someone sure spent a good amount of coin on a 100% wool handmade suit from Savile Row.

Did buy a vintage (dated 1979!) Harris Tweed blazer, but it's way too large. Going to chop it up and try to make some cool accessories from it.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
          Found this complete suit at Goodwill yesterday, but didn't buy it. Short people suck! The jacket sleeves were about 1.5" too short. The pants were a good 5" too short. Someone sure spent a good amount of coin on a 100% wool handmade suit from Savile Row.
          Don't beat yourself up too much. Those are licensed by Hickey Freeman, so weren't made on Savile Row.

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
            Don't beat yourself up too much. Those are licensed by Hickey Freeman, so weren't made on Savile Row.
            +1. I've seen those before. The tag on the inside probably states "Union made in the USA." The first time I saw that I was pretty confused so I investigated and found out about the HF licensing.

Comment

Huh, good to know.

Comment

I picked up a London Fog Top Coat this weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have any good pictures (yet) but London Fog for $12 is hard to beat.

Comment

I found these over the last month or so:
                  • Kakadu Traders waxed cotton jacket
                  • Brumel Corduroy Coat (originally sold from Gordon & Ferguson)
                  • Johnson and Murphy Melton Cap Toes
                  • John W. Nordstrom houndstooth sportcoat (Loro Piana cashmere/silk 93-7)

And most recently
                  • (Keith Highlander) Executive Imperial Longwings
                  • Johnston and Murphy Aristocraft Wingtips
                  • Kilgour French & Stanbury 3-piece Herringbone Suit (seems to be the US department store version, I don't think anyone in my town/city? fits the bill of a Saville Row customer)

The EI longwings and JM wingtips, which I found today, are really what pushed me to post something. Unfortunately, the longwings (10.5 B) seem like they might be a tiny bit big on me, and the previous owner of the KFS was a bit more rotund; the shoulders on the jacket and vest fit fine, but the pants are far too big for any sensible alteration work. Oh well, I'll probably have to flip both of them.

[Waxed cotton jacket not shown]

Comment

Thrifting here is pretty hopeless because the consignment store is so well-known, but her prices can be pretty good. Today I picked up a pair of brown captoe Crockett & Jones for RL balmorals for $80. Pics to come later! Also eying a gorgeous pair of RL Black Label mid-gray wool trousers. They're $50 and would need to have the seat let out, so I'm going to wait and hope the price drops if they hang around.

Unfortunately all of the gorgeous plaid and windowpane blazers are too big for me, gotta check back more often!

Comment

harve benard coat. not pictured: columbia fleece vest, banana republic cotton/cashmere sweater.

Comment

As of yesterday, I totally underestimated thrifting! The wife and I were out and stopped by a place in Laurel, MD called 2nd Ave and found these for $12.90:

After a quick cleaning up!

They are a Sears brand with leather soles and I love them!!

Also, picked up a plaid, custom fit Polo button up for $19.90 with the original tag still on it!!

Comment

Stopped at a thrift store on my way home from work that I've never been to. Clothes were meh but I did buy this for $2.

It's not a Filson, but I'm still pumped.

https://www.frostriver.com/shop/overland-valise/

Comment

Anyone here wear a 44 R with a 29 inseam? I just picked up two really nice Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece suits, made by Martin Greenfield in 2006.

Also, there's a 46 R Loro Piana BB SC:

AND .....

Daniel Cremieux. Yeah, whatever, you say. But this is Super 160s, 15.5 micron and made by Isaia. And it will fit with some tailoring.

Comment

E-thrift

Suede wingtips, polo by C&J. Perfect uppers and the soles have a ton of life left. $35.

Comment

E-thrift

Suede wingtips, polo by C&J. Perfect uppers and the soles have a ton of life left. $35.
                                This is what my jealous face looks like.
                                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                                X