Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=mcadamsandwich;132990]Snagged a pair of Edward Green single monks and a pair of AE Park Aves today for a great deal. Both pairs need new soles, but the uppers are clean. Not my size but they'll make someone happy. Just wish I had smaller feet..
    [QUOTE]

Nice. I think I am a fan of single monks more so than doubles...

Comment

Those look amazing. McAfee was a high-end English shoemaker with shoes on par with Edward Green, Crockett & Jones, etc. I once thrifted a pair of unworn black McAfee derbys with custom shoe trees in them, but alas they were a size too small. They did fetch a pretty penny on ebay though...Those look like keepers to me if they fit you comfortably.
      Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
      Picked up a pair of Alan McAfee oxhide wingtips at a local thrift shop. Looks like they were a pretty good find after doing some research on em. Not as much info as I'd like to find though. These seem to be from the mid 60's *maybe* and are in great shape. Anyone with info on the brand would be much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
        Not my size but they'll make someone happy. Just wish I had smaller feet..

Nice. What size are they?

Comment

Originally posted by brokeandbespoke View Post
          Those look amazing. McAfee was a high-end English shoemaker with shoes on par with Edward Green, Crockett & Jones, etc. I once thrifted a pair of unworn black McAfee derbys with custom shoe trees in them, but alas they were a size too small. They did fetch a pretty penny on ebay though...Those look like keepers to me if they fit you comfortably.
          Thanks! They do fit well. A smidge narrow, but they got through a day of work where I'm on my feet 98% of the time just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
            Nice. What size are they?
            The Green's are marked 10D, while the AEs are size 9s I believe.

Comment

What do you guys do to the inside of a used shoe besides pray the last person wasnt into the no socks look? Is it ok to put those odor eater type powders in leather shoes?

Comment

Pretty sure I just ruined those Greens with color polish...they did not want to buff out. :/

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                  Pretty sure I just ruined those Greens with color polish...they did not want to buff out. :/
                  Pics?

Comment

not a typical thrifting story, but i just managed to snag a specific vintage italian leather handbag from the 60's that my SO saw once. she was so enamored with it, we spent weeks scouring nyc thrift/vintage stores looking for something like it. she gave up hope, but i've been busy... i figured out who made it, where it came from, etc. i've been monitoring ebay and etsy for a year and half for it, and finally this morning it appeared on etsy. the seller had no idea who made it so it only came up under the vaguest of search terms. but i finally got it!

best part is, i only spent $30 on it

Comment

Picked up this Woodmere 3 piece suit for $10.00. It's not altered at all. Not showing the pants because they are way too long. Also there is a small stain on the lapel that I didn't see in the poor shop lighting. I really picked this up because I wanted the vest to wear as an odd vest but I may have it tailored a bit if I can get the stain taken care of.

Here it is as an odd vest with this Haggar Imperial sport coat which I also got at a thrift store for $10.00 It is also not tailored yet. Pants are also new and not yet tailored. This is what I intended to do with it anyway.

Comment

Looks like some great grabs! I've been going after vintage wool ties and have had some luck, $3/4 each good patterns and width.

Comment

After about four months of pretty serious thrifting, finally found a pair of shoes in my size:

AE McAllister

also this amazing PRL American flag cotton sweater from the 90's I reckon:

Comment

Nice finds. Definitely 90s for the sweater but it's fun.

[img=http://s14.postimg.org/r524ruf65/image.jpg]

[img=http://s14.postimg.org/mungw9a31/image.jpg]

Picked up this today, jos. a bank camel hair. Browns, grays, blacks, and reds in the coloring. Definitely vintage but is the lapel too vintage?

Comment

Originally posted by Seanish View Post
                              Picked up this today, jos. a bank camel hair. Browns, grays, blacks, and reds in the coloring. Definitely vintage but is the lapel too vintage?
                              I don't think so, the notch is in an appropriate place (not too low), and while the lapels may be a bit bigger than lots of styles today, they aren't huge.

BTW, that PRL American flag sweater is pretty sweet!

Comment

Sorry for the crappy pictures. Both are available.

Hickey Freeman, 40 R

Badass recent Corneliani, 44 L

Comment

Working...
                                X