This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
    I think everyone should have a pair of those shoes. The V-cleat makes the simple act of walking a dangerous game of chance.
    Gotta spice up the drudgery that is walking to the office somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by KamoteJoe View Post
      Found the following over my past two thrift trips: $7 AE Madison Avenue, $7 AE Maxfield Loafers, $6 Loake Single Monkstraps, $8 Abercrombie and Fitch Safari Jacket, a nice $4 wool sweater in mint condition made in Scotland (gotta love the northern isles for 'em!) aaaand my new baby for $6 in the women's section!!!

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1573d753.jpg
      http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/...ps185bcf72.jpg
      Wow! Nice work!

Comment

Snagged a Barbour Bedale in great (but musty) condition today for $20! Also found a J Crew lambs wool sweater for $6.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
          Snagged a Barbour Bedale in great (but musty) condition today for $20! Also found a J Crew lambs wool sweater for $6.
          Damn congrats on the barbour find! Wear the hell out of it.

Comment

I picked up these AMAZING Church's Diplomats today at an antique shop. They are beautiful shoes, but the AMAZING part is that they actually fit me perfectly. They do need a little bit of restitching on the left shoe, and maybe new heel caps, but for $25, they're well worth putting a little work into.

Comment

Wow, what a find! I hit up a local consignment store today that mostly specializes in furniture and housewares. They had some fantastic Hamilton shirts w/ MOP buttons, all clearly donated by the same guy. But they were currently going at $24 apiece, which is a bit ridiculous. And they were huge so not worth it. Hopefully better luck on my next trip.

Comment

There are many places you can go in the suburbs as well as in the city.

In Chestnut Hill or right at 7th and South there is a consignment shop that may have things you like. It is called Greene Street.

Look up 2nd Avenue, that is a goodwill type of store. Location in Lansdale as well as in the North East (Bensalem area)

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                Anyone know (and not mind sharing) of any good thrifting spots in Philadelphia? My first few forays have been supremely unsuccessful, and I'd appreciate any pointers.

Comment

My local thrift store does have decent stuff sometimes! It's just always in very rough condition or doesn't fit me. Sad face.

On my last visit I spotted some florsheim imperials in what looked like cordovan that were beat to hell as well as some old leather soled Cole Haan. Couple of bespoke sport coats in boxy styles.

Some day I will find something in good condition that fits. Some day.

Comment

Grabbed me a Topman slim chambray shirt and some NWT mint color Merona khakis. At this point, I'm only thrifting items that push my fashion boundaries (or that Dappered recommends).

Comment

Found a Gant snowflake cable sweater at Goodwill for $2.50.

Comment

Apologies if this is asked often but I moved to the DC area (Arlington, VA) about a month ago but was wondering if anyone who has been in the area for a while has any stores they've been successful in finding things in the past?

I'm gonna run back through the thread when I get a chance but figured I'd ask. Thanks!

Comment

Hey Thrifters, if you're in the Chicago/Southeast Wisconsin area, get 30% off your purchase. I went by and got hooked up: (AE Urbinos, a Armani Exchange polo; Mrs. Styles got some Cole Haan pumps, Max Azaira blazer, etc.) and our $98 total was taken down to $52!

Oh, and my face is on the coupon!

Comment

That coupon is fantastic, Furious! Salvation Army (or "Sally's" as my mother-in-law calls it) was 50% off today. I didn't make it into one, but I'm sure she did. She should be the face of Sally's!

Comment

I have a superstition about success being greater when I drop off a donation first. Did so today and got a pair of nice wool dress pants, some linen pants for the office in the summer and a decent pair of 505s all in my size. 21 bucks sealed the deal

Comment

Had my first decent thrift to ebay sale the other day. Bought a Harris Tweed overcoat for $8 at GW and sold for $80.

Comment

Working...
                                X