This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fit off the thrift store rack. $6.

Polo made in Italy by Corneliani. This this is sweet. 3-2. Throat latch. Double Vent. Suede elbow patches. Ticket pocket.

Spotless.

Because this fits, it is my greatest find.

I don't know why the pose in the photo is so poor. It doesn't look this bad in person, I swear.

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
      Fit off the thrift store rack. $6.

Polo made in Italy by Corneliani. This this is sweet. 3-2. Throat latch. Double Vent. Suede elbow patches. Ticket pocket.

Spotless.

Because this fits, it is my greatest find.

I don't know why the pose in the photo is so poor. It doesn't look this bad in person, I swear.

A+

I like the slanted pockets.

Comment

I'm stoked, I found a Lanificio F.LLI Cerruti Banana Rep tailored fit blue blazer for $6.99! I'd been looking for a quality navy blazer, since Joe salutes them so much on Dappered. I'm trying to figure out how much these go for but I only see them on BR's UK page. (Sorry for the Jos. A. Banks hangar.)

Comment

Size?

Comment

Originally posted by Furious Styles View Post
            I'm stoked, I found a Lanificio F.LLI Cerruti Banana Rep tailored fit blue blazer for $6.99! I'd been looking for a quality navy blazer, since Joe salutes them so much on Dappered. I'm trying to figure out how much these go for but I only see them on BR's UK page. (Sorry for the Jos. A. Banks hangar.)

I have that suit and I really like the fabric. I believe the jacket by itself retailed for around $300 originally. I picked up the jacket off ebay for something like $30 and bought the pants in store on steep discount for like $50. I've had to have a decent amount of work done to the jacket to make it fit right, but the pants fit amazing off the rack.

Comment

@zmac It's a 38R, nice and fitted for my frame.

@lukeduke Thanks for the info. I'll try to find the pants on eBay and complete the set.

Comment

Nice. It looked large in the photo for some reason. Context I guess. Is it wool?

Comment

100% wool, though it feels nice and light, so I plan to wear it year round. The first pic does make it look big; the fit is fantastically trim. Here's a pic of it on my professional model. Ahem.

Comment

I stopped at a Salvation Army on the way home from work last night and saw this:

A vintage ('70s I'm guessing, dunno for sure yet)-looking Tissot sitting amongst the usual piles of crappy watches. It's a Seastar automatic with day/date. And it runs! Crazy what you sometimes can find at these joints, eh?

It's a little odd looking, case-shape-wise, but it's still pretty cool, I think. I'll clean it up a little and start looking for a nice strap for it.

Anyone hip to any insight on this thing? I'll be googling today, as I really haven't much of a clue off the bat with this one.

Comment

Shell cordovan. Not sure of the maker, but they were $6. Size is 9-9.5.

Comment

Found a red Original Penguin Heritage Slim polo for just $5. Nice $50+ savings. And a pair of Banana Rep blue-tint aviators for $.99. Just need to add a nose pad.

Comment

Haven't had much luck yet. Left a Banana Republic DB Vitale Barberis Canonico navy birdseye jacket (42L) which was in great condition because it was missing pants (although I guess it could have been worn as an odd jacket) and I don't see BR things selling very well. Had to leave my first Turnbull shirt because the collar was wrecked as were the cuffs (size 17-17.5), and a Zegna I found had some odd brown stains. That trip yielded nothing else interesting.

Today I dropped by a consignment store near my tailor and somebody who wears a 46L has dropped off three Oxxford pieces. A khaki wool? suit (currently listed at 70!), a navy suit with worn (from the inside) pants and ripped lining all over for $12.50, and an uninspiring and torn-lining jacket. I don't think 46L sells well at all online. Left them, which broke my heart. Should I go back? Also found a really gorgeous Burberry linen shirt but it's currently $40, so I'll wait for it to drop.

Also found these the other day, any idea what they are?

closer: http://imageshack.us/a/img189/9963/o6yj.jpg and http://imageshack.us/a/img507/571/95zp.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                            Also found these the other day, any idea what they are?
                            Look like military ultra cold weather boots.

These are I'm pretty sure the same thing, except the ones you found seem to have dirtied/discolored with age: https://www.armynavydeals.com/asp/pr...e%20Near%20New

Comment

First Post - but a good thrift day. Found a like new BR Ludlow jacket - 20 bucks. Even better 7 new Brooks Brothers shirts - a variety of blue, and a cream - for 6 bucks a pop. Score!

Comment

Added another Saint Andrews sportcoat, this time in 42 R, from the same place I purchased the 39 Rs. Also almost picked up an Indochino suit, but it was a for a tall, skinny guy, and I am neither of those things.

3-roll-2, double vent.

Comment

Working...
                                X