Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found me some sweet brown suede Gucci loafers ($495) for just $15! A little sprucing up and they'll be in my spring/summer rotation!

From Gucci's website: http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/016343122600022#
    Last edited by Furious Styles; March 23, 2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Maybe its just me but I feel that if you live in larger cities i.e. Chicago, DC, NYC, LA, San Fran, that you will be more likely to find thrift shop gold than if you live in smaller cities. There are certainly more well-dressed people in those cities that I listed than here in Cincinnati, where I am located.

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks View Post
        Even if you brought an item up to a register and said "This is such and such brand, it should be selling for such and such hundreds or thousands of dollars more than you have it marked for," they'd probably just ask you whether you wanted to buy it or not.
        Never tell thrift-store employees how much something is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by printyra View Post
          Maybe its just me but I feel that if you live in larger cities i.e. Chicago, DC, NYC, LA, San Fran, that you will be more likely to find thrift shop gold than if you live in smaller cities. There are certainly more well-dressed people in those cities that I listed than here in Cincinnati, where I am located.
          That is true but the competition at the stores is much higher too...

Comment

Originally posted by Furious Styles View Post
            I found me some sweet brown suede Gucci loafers ($495) for just $15! A little sprucing up and they'll be in my spring/summer rotation!
            Score!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
              That is true but the competition at the stores is much higher too...
              This is very true. I bump into the same people in the men's section, grabbing armfuls of clothes to flip on eBay. When the racks are pulled out from the back area, people just swarm on them, grabbing stuff without even checking sizes. Fortunately, going during non-peak times makes for a relaxed shopping session. But you never know--I found the Gucci loafers on a very busy Saturday!

Comment

Mad men anyone? This suit needs a few minor repairs (adding a button, stitching a busted seam), but it was well worth $5.63.

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                  Never tell thrift-store employees how much something is worth.
                  I never said it'd be a good thing to do.

Comment

HEY-O

40 S?

Gucci, 40 R. Made in Italy by Zegna.

Comment

Decided to hit the Goodwill, found this pair of BR denim NWT. Not the usual $7.99 GW price, but still did much better than the $69.50 tag.
                      They had a couple pairs of j.crew chinos in my size too, but in a red and blue color that I just don't think I can pull off

Comment

Found these at my Goodwill for $3.00. They're Florsheim in a burgundy color and although they are a little beat up, they fit great and I couldn't pass them up at the price.

Can anybody help me I.D. what they are though? The sole is what looks a brand new (resoled) "neolite" sole, so I'm guessing they're welted.

They also had some Bass Weejun Loafers in burgandy in real great shape, but had them priced for $40.00.

Comment

Checked another Savile Row tailor off the list today. Also found a large Filson safari shirt jacket and some pretty nice ties (BB NWT among them).

Comment

Jon, do you take orders? Like if I gave you a list of a couple of things I am looking for, would you keep an eye out for them on your thrifting trips and flip them to me? If so let me know through PMs. You seem to be quite successful, and thrifting in Toronto is horrible.

Comment

Sperry boots, $12. This is my first thrifting find in many attempts. St. Louis doesn't have many good thrifting options unfortunately.
                              Last edited by besiktasguy; April 14, 2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                                Checked another Savile Row tailor off the list today. Also found a large Filson safari shirt jacket and some pretty nice ties (BB NWT among them).
                                Lucky. Ive only been into thrift shops a few times, but I always look for some good tie finds. The ones around here just have old, beat up junk when it comes to ties, it seems. I did pick up a nice khaki cotton J Crew blazer for $5 though!

Comment

Working...
                                X