Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i picked up a sid mashburn white with black/red tartan pattern shirt and a j-crew green and black checked shirt the other day. both fit well - don't think i would ever spend full price (145) on a sid mashburn shirt though, nothing about it made me say "yea, this is worth 145 bucks." luckily the two shirts i bought were both 5 dollars.

i need to check out a different salvation army - this one is pretty sparse, especially in terms of blazers/jackets.

Comment

I've never found a Sid shirt; that's pretty great! If I had the money, I would deck myself out in Sid's clothes, but I don't.

Comment

Today's piece of vintage awesomeness:

Tagged:
        Cadet Store. West Point. 1974. 38 Long.

Comment

Shawl collar tux.

Size 8, anyone?

Vintage Brooks tweed tagged 43ML

Comment

I found me a pair of To Boot NY cap toes for $9.99 today! A little polish, maybe a resole, and I'm good to go.

Comment

Furious: Let's see em!

Today's finds. This is the penultimate day of thrifting OTP due to a new job.

Florsheim Imperial v-cleat shell cordovan PTBs, 11 C
              Vintage Made in US Brooks Flannel, 15.5 R
              Sweet women's Harris Tweed blazer, size 12, for $2.50
              Vinatge navy wool blazer with mop buttons. 40 Rish.

Comment

Here are the To Boot's when I dropped them off at my local cobbler:

Comment

not bad...i wanna see the after, cuz those bad boys can be sexy...
                  "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                  I>0<I

Comment

@jonATL I do wear a size 8, actually.

Comment

The AE's are pretty great. I wore them out last night, but they're a little tight in the toe box for my liking. If you might want them, PM me.

Here's everything from yesterday:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the...0#post_5904627

If any of you have a significant other who needs a pea coat, that Lands End one is really nice. Size S 6-8.

Comment

what's up with the brooks flannel? claimed?

Comment

Not yet...

Comment

how much you looking for? is it super-billowy or somewhat trim? i live in the highlands (dead middle really), so you wouldn't even have to ship it - could just drop it on my door step and i'd leave an envelope by the door.

how much you looking for?

Comment

Can any fellow Bay Area residents (Acousticfoodie?) recommend good thrift stores in the East Bay (Berkeley, Oakland, Albany)? The recently opened Goodwill near my house in El Cerrito has been pretty slim pickings so far. The Broke and Bespoke guy sure seems to find a lot of great stuff and I believe he lives around here.

Comment

@Mattrickets:

Yea the broke and Bespoke guy is my mortal enemy because we seem to wear the same size in shoes and clothing! lol.

It's not really any certain location, it's all about luck really. Even with Broke and Bespoke guy lurking around I've been able to get some very nice stuff the past couple of months. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X