Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm here jon. we should trade measurements/requests as we're both in ATL.

Comment

• Furious: The gray ones? Goodwill prices. The NWT awesome one? A small, small fraction of retail.

mr mr: I'm always on the lookout for 38-40 S stuff, shoes in an 8.5-9.5, shirts in a 15.5-16/31 32.

Comment

• @JonATL: Long time no see! Is that last BB for sale or are you just showing off? :-)

Comment

• Of course it's for sale. I was going to make a killing on ebay, but it depends on what you want to spend.

... and I was showing off.

Comment

• @jonATL: If you're going to make a killing on ebay then I probably can't afford it. :-)

Comment

• @jon - we have some significant size overlap... so this may turn into a rivalry.

shirts - small/15.5 32-33

blazers/suits - 38r, some 38s

shoes - 9.5 - 10.5. most dress shoes i'm a 9.5 D.

pants - 32

thrifting would be so much easier if i was fat.

Comment

• Sorry double post...ignore this and see below.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
                -Maximus

Comment

• Mr. Mr. and Jon...Royle Rumble right now! As I am a Small 14.5/15 32 shirt. Blazers/suits are 36S but sometimes a 38S (the BR tweed blazer fit me spot on in a 38S). Although shoes I am a 7.5-8.5 depending on the maker. And pants 28-30, again depending on brand. And agreed. How is this country overweight, yet all the smalls are always gone...

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
                  -Maximus

Comment

• So which one of you do I always see at the Buckhead GW?

Alan, I've sent you an electronic communique

Comment

• i haven't really started thrifting in Atlanta yet - last weekend was my first jaunt out to the marietta st. salvation army, which was lacking aside from the ties and a lands end pullover.

Comment

• I'm visiting my sister at college this weekend and we went and did some thrifting. Here is what I picked up:

These are a shoe brush and shoe horn. I thought they looked pretty cool with the horse heads:

Comment

• @Teej: The shoehorn and brush are fantastic. I bet they were EXTREMELY expensive when they were new. I can't imagine why anyone would discard such a thing. I would use the hell out of something like that if I had it.

Comment

• @alan: I'm really excited about them. They were only a dollar. I'm pretty happy with the ties too. They were also only a dollar each.

Comment

• I picked up this sport coat at a thrift store on my way home today. It's burgundy tweed even though it looks brown in the picture. I really don't even know how to begin describing the pattern. It's almost houndstooth and almost glen plaid, but never technically either of them. I've been wanting something red and something tweed so now I've got both! It's a private label jacket from a local higher-end retailer in uptown Dallas called Daniel Taylor Clothier.

It's very "tweedy" so it does have some pilling going on, but I've been working on it with moderate success.

Comment

• @alan: How do you work on the pilling?

Comment

Working...
                                X