This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My tie acquisitions from the last couple weeks:

I can't wait to bust out the wool ties this fall.

Comment

^ holy moly!

brb getting a bigger monitor

Comment

I found this Saturday at a local thrift store for 50$. It's got a blue Polo by Ralph Lauren label and on the tag it says made in Italy, 95% wool and 5% cashmere. I don't have a clue the value but I liked it and it will fit well once I get it taken in this week. Anybody have an idea on the value or what model suit it is? There's a light purple check running through it that's kind of hard to see in the pictures.

Comment

Awww...I waited too long to edit, I think. Sorry for the giganto images, people.

Comment

First successful thrifting trip! (of course I find this place right before I go back for school...)

I got these Allen Edmonds (with Ecco soles?) for $40. A couple scuffs and creases, but I think they look really nice. And they're SUPER comfortable.

Can someone help me identify them though?

Also, I almost got a Brooks Brothers sportcoat. But $50 was unacceptable with a major scuff on the shoulder and too-short arm length.

Comment

@thmage: list the numbers printed on the side or email customer service at AE and they can help you.

Comment

@thmage Benton ? They're orthotic, which might explain the Ecco soles. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Comment

Yeah, must be the Benton, thanks!

Comment

I just picked up a couple things at the thrift store. One of the stores in my area is closing, so everything is 75% off. I picked up a J Crew shirt. It was missing one of the top buttons and had no extras, so I cut off the very bottom button, replaced the top one with it, and then replaced the bottom one with a red button to make it unique. Also picked up a tartan tie, made in Scotland with tags. I found one AE Chester shoe, but couldn't find the whole pair. That was very frustrating.

Comment

I feel like I haven't found anything decent in a looong time. It's been even longer since I've found something in my size. But these will certainly do once I get the sleeves shortened a bit.

I also found a tweed Samuelsohn with surgeon cuffs if anyone is in need of that sort of thing.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the...0#post_5767046

Comment

Went thrifting last weekend in Pennsylvania. My pickups:

Robert Talbott Carmel Tie - $2

Brooks Brothers Makers Tie - $2.99

Vintage Shoe Trees - $2.50

Thomas Mason for J Crew Blue Gingham shirt - $10

Thomas Mason for J Crew Red Gingham shirt - $10

I didn't realize the J Crew shirts are current, going for $135 each

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...4248/24248.jsp

On the way home, started getting hungry so we stopped for a bite to eat. Found this at a middle of nowhere thrift store at the border of NJ/PA:

Canali cashmere jacket marked $199 but was on clearance for $10.

They had other nice stuff that was still marked full price, (Brooks Bros Black Fleece suit, Oxxford suit) that I might have to visit them again in a couple of weeks.

Comment

http://distilleryimage6.instagram.com/4987de76076c11e283fd123138141137_7.jpg

5 dollars, a toothbrush, laundry soap, and a little effort have me looking pretty fly.

Comment

I picked up some Gap 1969 jeans the other day for 5.99, not realizing until I looked them up at home that they retail for 59.99 or more. They feel great, better than my Levis 514s.

Comment

Picked up some Florsheim Green Label Cordovon Wingtips. $3

Bah! accidentally got cordovan cream inside the shoe

Here they are against my cordovan AE Macneils:

Comment

NICE shoes! I regret selling most of the shells I've come across.

Comment

Working...
                                X