Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here have the LL Bean Casco Bay Boat Mocassins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone here have the LL Bean Casco Bay Boat Mocassins?

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/46112...oat%20shoe-SR0

Wondering what the quality is like. The price is definitely good, especially with a coupon. I was thinking of getting the Canyon color but not sure if it would be too dark a color to wear with shorts in Summer. Let me know your thoughts.

I just got them this week. The quality is better than I expected. They're very solidly made and the leather is good. It seems to be pull-up (oiled) leather and didn't soak up much of the Obenauf's I put on them.

I got the canyon myself. Not too dark IMO. I got that color because I don't really like the white sole look and these reminded me of the Sebago Docksides I always wore as a kid.

Comment

I've wanted a pair in either the Briar or Chocolate color. The Canyon seemed to dark for summer. @Jason, how was the fit? Did you size up or down?

Comment

I usually wear either a 10E or 10.5D... In these I got a 10M, not the wide, and they seem like a good fit.

Comment

I bought and returned a pair in briar. My pair had some faults (stitching coming up in the shoe's interior). The briar is much more orange in person than the online pictures show, which is another reason I returned them.

Ben

Comment

Does anybody have any feedback on the LL Bean Handsewn Moccasins, Blucher Mocs

Comment

@pratyk I got a pair January last year. They're okay for the price. The leather isn't the best out there, but it's very soft. For the price I think it's one of the better blucher moc out there. But if you have the money you can get a lot more from Oakstreet Boot Makers or Quoddy. If you don't have wide feet like I do, you might also want to take a look at LL Bean's Signatures:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65129?feat=505906-GN3

If you get a pair, I'd advise giving them proper shoe care. I didn't for many months, and some parts of the leather are pretty creased and wrinkled, and they've lost their shape from not using shoe trees. They'll quickly become your beat-around shoes if you don't take care of them.

I realize this is somewhat of a critical review, so to clarify I do recommend this shoe. Just don't expect the same quality of a more expensive shoe.

Comment

Just ordered a pair, 10D in chocolate. Seemed like a good deal, 10$ off and you get a 10$ gift card for future use. I'll comment on the fit when they arrive.

Comment

I wore mine today without socks:

Note that since they're pull-up leather you get lightening where it creases. I like the look, but it's a personal preference I guess.

Comment

@JC - The Canyon looks lighter in your pic than the Bean site. I was afraid to order that color because I thought it would be too dark but I think I'm getting them now that I see yours. Thanks!

Comment

Mine arrived today, so I switched into them at work. Been wearing them all day (no socks), and I think the fit is perfect. I usually wear a 10.5D, and these are a 10D.

Photo: http://instagr.am/p/IuY8paqWCn/

Comment

@JC & splitplug - Wow... I agree with Juan. These look much better in person than the pictures on the llbean website. Might have to pull the trigger on these.

Comment

Working...
                        X