Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comforter

Hi all-

This may not go in this forum, but does anyone have any comforter buying tips? I've never gone the duvet route, currently just using a reversible cheapy. Just wondering what to look for in bedding style, as lately I've been bombarded with Brooklinen and Casper ads.

I really like this chambray grey stuff from Casper, https://casper.com/sheets but not sure if I should splurge that much- Also, the comforter isn't ready yet.

Thanks!

$180 isn't splurging. Do you have a store called 'Tuesday Morning'? If so, they have some higher end brands like Sferra which are amazing sheets. We had like 2 sets we bought at full price before learning about Tuesday Morning. Their colors may not be to your liking but they feel amazing.

It is not always about the thread count.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      $180 isn't splurging. Do you have a store called 'Tuesday Morning'? If so, they have some higher end brands like Sferra which are amazing sheets. We had like 2 sets we bought at full price before learning about Tuesday Morning. Their colors may not be to your liking but they feel amazing.

It is not always about the thread count.
      I'll check that out, thanks!

As far as the splurge, I was referring to that once they put the duvet bundle up, I would imagine it comes to ~250ish, and on top of that I'd have to buy the inner comforter as its just a duvet.

Edit- just checked and I have one 1.8 miles away.

Comment

I've been eyeing the down comforter from ll bean for a couple years. Have to do some research on comforter vs duvet. Probably roll with that comforter plus a cover.

For sheets I highly recommend Peachskin sheets. I have 2 sets and for the money perform exceptionally well. Haven't thought about new sheets at all since buying them.

Comment

What does everyone look for in a comforter? Both stylistically, and functionally. (ie- minimalist patterns? colors? material?)

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            $180 isn't splurging.
            $180 for a set of queen sheets seems like a splurge to me, and I'm not particularly frugal. You can get some very nice sheet for less than than if you're willing to wait for sales. I have some of these and they're very nice, and currently $130 for a queen set. On really good sales, I'm pretty sure they drop further.

Tuesday Morning is a good suggestion, though.

As for what I look for in comforter? Machine washable. Comfortable. Nice looking (typically subtle patterns and colors). Doesn't show dirt from the dog.

Comment

As someone who has spent absurd amounts on sheets (think ABC Home, Parachute and absurd thread counts elsewhere), (1) thread count is not everything -- I actually prefer lower thread counts to super high ones bc I hate sheens on sheets, and (2) it's worth the price if you find a good version of what you like.

ABC Home sheets are amazing, but they discontinued the good colors of their "cheapest" sheets that I loved. Just trying out Parachute now (the percale), so TBD, but real nice masculine colors (I have the dark grey and it's a great color; navy looks legit too), and so far they seem like they'll get even better with more washings.

Comment

Ll Bean baffle box down comforter. On sale til the end of the day 20% off.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                  Ll Bean baffle box down comforter. On sale til the end of the day 20% off.
                  No Queens left for the primaloft... J wonder if ordering a king would be too big?

Comment

Originally posted by wheresbrando View Post
                    No Queens left for the primaloft... J wonder if ordering a king would be too big?
                    They have a few options available when I just checked it out

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                      As someone who has spent absurd amounts on sheets (think ABC Home, Parachute and absurd thread counts elsewhere), (1) thread count is not everything -- I actually prefer lower thread counts to super high ones bc I hate sheens on sheets, and (2) it's worth the price if you find a good version of what you like.

ABC Home sheets are amazing, but they discontinued the good colors of their "cheapest" sheets that I loved. Just trying out Parachute now (the percale), so TBD, but real nice masculine colors (I have the dark grey and it's a great color; navy looks legit too), and so far they seem like they'll get even better with more washings.
                      Ah, parachute. I actually meant to look at those. I'll go check them out now. Thanks!

Comment

I'm a fan of minimal simple colors. I don't want my bed to look like a catalogue. Best thing I can ever recommend to someone in a cold climate is fleece sheets. Heaven.

Comment

Here's an article from the sweethome, a great resource if you need to buy ANYTHING for your home. They agree with [MENTION=9879]Brent k[/MENTION].

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-comforter/

Comment

Hey, I've been using this eucalyptus comforter for the last few months. I've researched before buying them, and they are the best comforters in the market. These are hypoallergenic, incredibly soft, temperature regulating, and the list goes. Check this out at: https://sheetsgiggles.com/products/eucalyptus-comforter
                            I hope this helps you out!

Comment

Working...
                            X