Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecovas Boots

http://www.tecovasboots.com/

Does anyone have experience with Tecovas? They were on Huckberry for a while, but I don't see them anymore. Haven't found any real reviews of them online. I was considering picking up a pair, but I was curious what others had heard.

i haven't heard any reviews either, but they're just yet-another company who gets cowboy boots made in Leon Mexico and has their name put on. The Tecovas marketing material makes them like the real deal, as much as any other company, but I bet you could find a super-similar style made by the same factory with a different name on it if you were into them. There's nothing unique or remarkable about the classic boot styles or proven construction methods.

The sizes on the website are well priced, in my opinion. But the sizes are scattered. Someone at Tecovas probably bought a production run of them, and hasn't re-ordered. If they are going to at all.

Comment

I have lived between Austin and Atlanta the past couple of years (basically a resident of both), and three years in Austin prior, so I was turned on by the fact they are based out of Austin. But I emailed the company a couple of months ago asking if they had a B&M store or sold their boots anywhere locally so I could check them out, and they didn't at the time. I may still pick up a pair since they aren't too expensive.

Comment

"based" is a pretty loose term. it's probably like, one guy got a bank loan and ordered a crate of shoes from mexico. he probably has a storage unit with the crate in it and ships out orders when they come in. he probably paid a marketing company to make a website. they only have two models anyhow.

if anything I would say it's "based" in mexico, since that's where any actual work is done. I tend to think that maybe they have a marketing office in USA. Despite what they say.

Comment

Howdy y'all! I'm the founder of Tecovas, Paul Hedrick. I saw this thread come my way and thought it would be helpful to chime in and give some color on the brand!

We haven't had reviews set up since we're still deciding the best way to integrate those into our website, but they'll be coming later this year! In the meantime, you can visit these reaction threads of folks who have bought the boots:
          - Reddit/goodyearwelt
          - Shaggy Texas (UT alum site)

You can also check out some press we've gotten so far (more coming!), which we'll be compiling and adding to the website as well. We're quite new (shipped our first pair of boots in November), hence our only-online business model and lack of some of these basic online presence characteristics. Selected press:
          - Fashion Times
          - Footwear News
          - The Manual
          - WeWork Creator

I can also give some context on Austin, Leon, etc. There are definitely more and more brands popping up these days, which makes it harder to stand out, but we have invested significantly in our infrastructure, our brand, and our relationship with and commitment to one of the top western bootmaking factories in the world. We are, in fact, the first and only brand in the western boot category to set up our business model in the way we have -- the same model used by Bonobos, Everlane, Warby Parker, Casper and many others. We have a home office with a few employees in Austin, a scaled logistics facility in Chicago, and of course our factory in Leon.

I myself spent over 15 months working on the design, production, and development of the boots before we launched in November -- spending approx. 1 week per month in Leon for that entire time period. Unlike many other brands that work with factories in Mexico, we designed and sourced every part of our boot ourselves, relying on their expertise for bringing product into fruition -- but also working for many months ahead of launch to improve processes and invent new ones specific to our line (making boots, as you may imagine, is not a smooth and easy process).

The western boot category in particular is one that is heavily entrenched in the wholesale-retail model, with the fragmented yet heavy-handed retail chains really preventing brands from being able to offer a better price-value proposition. This is one of the reasons I started Tecovas -- because unlike other categories that have had great brand innovation in the last 5-10 years, the western boot category has not.

Regarding our stock, we've restocked 3 times in the last 3 months, and the next one is coming in the next 30 days! We had a busy Christmas season.

I would encourage anyone to check us out and email us with specific questions ([email protected]). We're also striving to have top-notch customer service, so feedback is always welcome and we're always listening.

Thanks,
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulhedrick View Post
            Howdy y'all! I'm the founder of Tecovas, Paul Hedrick. I saw this thread come my way and thought it would be helpful to chime in and give some color on the brand!

We haven't had reviews set up since we're still deciding the best way to integrate those into our website, but they'll be coming later this year! In the meantime, you can visit these reaction threads of folks who have bought the boots:
            - Reddit/goodyearwelt

You can also check out some press we've gotten so far (more coming!), which we'll be compiling and adding to the website as well. We're quite new (shipped our first pair of boots in November), hence our only-online business model and lack of some of these basic online presence characteristics. Selected press:
            - Fashion Times
            - Footwear News
            - The Manual
            - WeWork Creator

I can also give some context on Austin, Leon, etc. There are definitely more and more brands popping up these days, which makes it harder to stand out, but we have invested significantly in our infrastructure, our brand, and our relationship with and commitment to one of the top western bootmaking factories in the world. We are, in fact, the first and only brand in the western boot category to set up our business model in the way we have -- the same model used by Bonobos, Everlane, Warby Parker, Casper and many others. We have a home office with a few employees in Austin, a scaled logistics facility in Chicago, and of course our factory in Leon.

I myself spent over 15 months working on the design, production, and development of the boots before we launched in November -- spending approx. 1 week per month in Leon for that entire time period. Unlike many other brands that work with factories in Mexico, we designed and sourced every part of our boot ourselves, relying on their expertise for bringing product into fruition -- but also working for many months ahead of launch to improve processes and invent new ones specific to our line (making boots, as you may imagine, is not a smooth and easy process).

The western boot category in particular is one that is heavily entrenched in the wholesale-retail model, with the fragmented yet heavy-handed retail chains really preventing brands from being able to offer a better price-value proposition. This is one of the reasons I started Tecovas -- because unlike other categories that have had great brand innovation in the last 5-10 years, the western boot category has not.

Regarding our stock, we've restocked 3 times in the last 3 months, and the next one is coming in the next 30 days! We had a busy Christmas season.

I would encourage anyone to check us out and email us with specific questions ([email protected]). We're also striving to have top-notch customer service, so feedback is always welcome and we're always listening.

Thanks,
            Paul
            I finally ordered a pair for the fall. I'll post pictures and thoughts once they come in. I picked up the Cartwright in bourbon calf. Looking forward to them.

Comment

Nice. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Comment

According to their instagram, they're doing a pop-up shop over the next few Saturdays here in Austin. I'll give them a visit and buy a pair if I like what I see. I've got my eye on the Cartwright in bourbon calf as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
                  According to their instagram, they're doing a pop-up shop over the next few Saturdays here in Austin. I'll give them a visit and buy a pair if I like what I see. I've got my eye on the Cartwright in bourbon calf as well.
                  I would love to go there to actually try them on. I live in Austin, but I am out of town for work for at least 3 more weeks. I had to get them shipped to Florida.

Comment

I just heard about them this morning on the Art of Manliness podcast. If anyone's interested, they've got a coupon for $25 off.

I've been interested in cowboy boots for a while, but I don't know if I'm $200 interested

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                      I just heard about them this morning on the Art of Manliness podcast. If anyone's interested, they've got a coupon for $25 off.

I've been interested in cowboy boots for a while, but I don't know if I'm $200 interested
                      Dammit! I bought mine two days too early. I may end up having to exchange them due to sizing issues, so I'll use the coupon then if I do.

Comment

I bought a pair and was instantly impressed. They are among my most comfortable boots

Tecovas has a small product line but thats OK with me. The leather is soft, workmanship and quality excellent and the padded insole makes them superb for walking a lot or standing, if you have to.

I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat and if you are sitting on the fence, wondering if you should buy some, give it a try. Frankly, I'd be stunned if you didnt like them

Comment

Originally posted by paulhedrick View Post

- Reddit/goodyearwelt

- Fashion Times
                          - Footwear News
                          - The Manual
                          - WeWork Creator

Thanks,
                          Paul
                          Paul

You did a great job. I have boots from Lucchese, Justin and a local Austin store, Heritage. All have their positive attributes but I honestly cannot find a lick of difference between yours and a pair that I pad $1200.00 for. Yes the more expensive pair is more ornate with a ton more stitching but I have to add Dr Scholls gel soles to make them comfortable enough to walk around in for a long time. With Tecovas, I took them out of the box and they were good to go

Add a few more styles and I'll be a happy man

Comment

Howdy there - actually, our Austin Showroom will be a permanent space! Feel free to swing by 2514 E Cesar Chavez St any Saturday from 12-5pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes P View Post
                              I bought a pair and was instantly impressed. They are among my most comfortable boots

Tecovas has a small product line but thats OK with me. The leather is soft, workmanship and quality excellent and the padded insole makes them superb for walking a lot or standing, if you have to.

I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat and if you are sitting on the fence, wondering if you should buy some, give it a try. Frankly, I'd be stunned if you didnt like them

Thanks, Wes! Very glad you like the boots and appreciate the feedback. Our goal is certainly to make the best retail boots available while focusing on the qualities people actually want in a boot (simple, classic style; quality materials & construction).

I'm not a very active forum member here, but happy to answer any questions folks have anytime. The easiest way to contact us is our email - [email protected]! Thanks, everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X