Need Assitance on Deciding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Assitance on Deciding

I have my eye on a couple of blazers on Ebay. They are similar in style and price but I need some opinions in order to make the final decision. One is Burberry and the other Brooks Brothers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270918464175?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1438.l2649#ht_854wt_821

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320870118095?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1438.l2649#ht_2938wt_1055

Thanks in advance Men!

Does something look odd to anybody else about the low button stance on the BB coupled with not a lot of fabric beneath the second button or am I just going crazy?

I like the fabric on both, I took a closer look at the Burberry and it's nicer than I thought, and the tag suggests that it's a fairly new piece, which is nice.

What do you need the blazer for? At least to me the BB looks more relaxed, casual, and wearable with a variety of things and if the button/fabric thing is just me being crazy at this late hour, I'd go for that one.

Comment

I like the richness of the brown/tan on the second one with the subtle pink and blue pattern. However, like Los said, the first one would be mroe versatile and easier to dress down. It really depends on what youre going to use/need more.

Comment

@ Los, I hadn't noticed the apparently small space between the buttons. Not sure if thats because of the way the fabric is rumpled or not.

Great question regarding the intended use of the jacket. I am looking for a versatile jacket that I can use year round (I live in a year round mild climate). I'd like to use the jacket with jeans, chinos, etc...

Comment

@ Focus, and that is my conundrum... I am really digging the fabric of the Burberry.

Comment

Either one is nice, but they're very different. The BB is much more casual. I don't think the Burberry will look appropriate with jeans, but the BB would. I see what @LosRockets is saying about the BB... It almost looks like the buttons have been moved down.

You could always double your budget and get both

Comment

The low button stance is going to be even more obvious on a 46L jacket. My vote is for the second one.

Comment

@JC yeah that's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

JC, you are an enabler my friend! Don't think pulling the trigger on both hadn't crossed my mind. But thanks to you I'm looking at a blue wool Nordstrom Loro Piana blazer, which I really "need".

Regarding the button stance, any chance it's just a bad taken picture? The seller doesn't allow to ask questions which is pretty frustrating.

Comment

Hard to think that a bad picture could make the buttons 'move' that much. Definitely looks awkward as is with the buttons, particularly if there's no third button that's been rolled. The picture is awkward/suspicious to me, in that it doesnt show the button holes either... can't tell what is going on.

Comment

Working...
                    X