No announcement yet.

Surprise Tux Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a blue suit in a very similar shade to the one in the hespokestyle link. It also has a vest, which bumps the formality up nicely. I think if I were wearing it to a BT event, I might try to find a dark blue bow tie rather than black. I thought blue + black was a sin around here?

I'm also not sure about wearing the tuxedo shirt with a suit.

Comment

Check ebay for the tux, and not just for the shoes. I know plenty of guys on here hate on Express, but I recently snagged a three-piece 100% wool, single-button, peak-lapel Express tux on ebay (with a tux shirt) for $75 shipped. Fits like a glove with no alterations needed, and I get to break it in next month at a girl scouts father-daughter dance. Planning on shining up a pair of black Park Ave's for the shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstreak View Post
        I have a blue suit in a very similar shade to the one in the hespokestyle link. It also has a vest, which bumps the formality up nicely. I think if I were wearing it to a BT event, I might try to find a dark blue bow tie rather than black. I thought blue + black was a sin around here?

I'm also not sure about wearing the tuxedo shirt with a suit.
        Blue+black my be considered a sin by some but it can be pulled off quite well it's just very dressy; the whole point here is to be extra dressed up (black tie). Anyway although most people wear black tuxedos, midnight blue is consider by menswear "aficionados" as more appropriate for black tie because it appears darker under dimmer lighting while black can tend to look a little purple under the same light.

Then again I never go to black tie events nor do I own a tux so what do I know[emoji2]

Comment

Working...
        X