BR Merino V vs. UNIQLO Merino V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR Merino V vs. UNIQLO Merino V?

Just ordered a few BR sweaters on sale and didn't love the fit. Are Uniqlo's slimmer through the waist?
    Any kind of comparison would be appreciated.
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

They are overpriced, even with the current sale, but Bonobos sweaters fit very nicely. I bought two last year at the end of the season.

Comment

I now have 9 Uniqlo extra fine merino Vs. Am a huge fan. I don't own the BR but compared to both JC & JCF I find the fit perfect (I'm 5'9" 130# & wear a small) and the quality is awesome for the price (on sale sub 20USD). They are thin but Japan is not Arctic & they are perfect for layering.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex1 View Post
        They are overpriced, even with the current sale, but Bonobos sweaters fit very nicely. I bought two last year at the end of the season.
        Which ones are overpriced? Banana Republic or Uniqlo?

Comment

I like the way the BR ones feel a lot better than the uniqlo ones. My possibly incorrect impression was that the uniqlo ones are thin? or at least they're thinner than I like.

After the requisite always-a-sale-going-on BR thing, I think the price on the BR ones may actually be better than the UNIQLO ones? i think they used to be $40 last time i tried to get into some.

i got a couple BR ones around $35 ea around christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Porter View Post
            Which ones are overpriced? Banana Republic or Uniqlo?
            Uniqlo.

Comment

Even at $30 on sale?

Comment

The BR sweaters fit tight around the armpits and arms on me, but a little baggy around the waist.
                I'm 6 feet tall 190 pounds at present.

Comment

I am trying to stay in the $30/sweater price range.

Comment

$40 isn't bad a for a Bonobos sweater. Slim or standard fit?

Comment

If only BR merino sweaters has XS in store, i'd be all over them.
                      But H&M sweaters being on-sale pretty much regularly (you just have to wait for them, else retails at $49CAD) so most of my merino wool sweaters are H&M.
                      And the S fits my lean, 5'6" body so can't ask for more.
                      5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

I am about 6' 1" and 190, and wear a large in BR merino sweaters and like the fit--high arm holes, good material, perfect depth on the V--but was looking for something slightly slimmer in the body and a bit thinner. So I went to Uniqlo brick and mortar store at the mall. Definitely slimmer at the waist, and I like the material (though something unnatural about way it feels)-- but the arm holes were WAY too low. Looked terrible and did not move well.

Comment

I just replaced all of my Vs (Express) with BR and I'm very happy with them. They feel great, fit well, (though I admit they could be a little slimmer), and aren't see-through like Uniqlo. I looked at the Uniglo ones in-store, but they were too thin. If I can see the shirt underneath through the sweater, it's too thin.

Look for the BRs in store. Around here (SE PA), they have them marked down to $49 plus 50% off. For $25 a pop they are well worth it.

Comment

I have quite a few BR merino Vs and one UNIQLO merino V. The UNIQLO one is slimmer, but I think the BR fit is slim enough. That said, I'm pretty much on the borderline between medium and large and my BR merinos are all mediums, so perhaps someone who was generally a medium would regard them as not slim enough.

Also, the arms on BR sweaters are very long, so you'll need to fold down the end of the arms, I suspect.

My UNIQLO merino isn't see-through, but it's a very dark green. Perhaps a lighter color would be. It is a bit thinner than my BR sweaters.

The last time I picked up BR sweaters was on Cyber Monday, when they were going for just under $35 each.

Comment

I find the sleeves too long and the v too deep on BR merino v-necks

Comment

Working...
                              X