Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nleaders
    replied
    I love pure linen. Yeah, it wrinkles like crazy, but I really like the effect. In my wardrobe, I don't have a cotton blazer because I feel linen can flex into any casual setting BECAUSE of the wrinkles. It feels so good, too. Linen suits are equatable to cotton suits in my book... only better.

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied
    I'm a fan of wool-linen, I have 3 sportcoats and 1 suit in this blend. Still wrinkles but not as much as pure linen. Also, a heavier pure linen won't wrinkle as bad as the cheap stuff.

Leave a comment:

• M. Montaigne
    replied
    Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
    Either way, nothing like a linen suit.
    Indeed. Especially on a muggy New England summer day.

Leave a comment:

• thecharlesg
    replied
    Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    I have a few linen suits and pants (also from J. Crew) and they always end up getting dry cleaned. The jacket is fine for a few wears, but the pants get really messed up.
    I like pure linen, but it's expensive to wear, for this reason. I steam in between wears. That helps, but very little. Either way, nothing like a linen suit.

Leave a comment:

• M. Montaigne
    replied
    I have a few linen suits and pants (also from J. Crew) and they always end up getting dry cleaned. The jacket is fine for a few wears, but the pants get really messed up.

Leave a comment:

• theskillets
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I am looking at the Suit Supply cotton / linen suits but can't decide. Will stay away from 100% linen.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Leija
    replied
    I don't have a suit, but I have a cotton/linen sport coat from JCrew, and a full linen sport coat. The cotton/linen gets moderately wrinkled from daily use compared to the linen. In fact, I refuse to wear the fully linen one now...

Leave a comment:

• theskillets
    started a topic Cotton / Linen blend suit and wrinkles

Cotton / Linen blend suit and wrinkles

Does anyone have any experience with cotton / linen blend suits? How much do they wrinkle compared to a 100% linen suit? Does the cotton help keep the wrinkles under control? I have been looking for a lightweight and cool summer suit. I like the coolness of 100% linen but I can't get over the wrinkles.
Working...
X