Cotton / Linen blend suit and wrinkles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton / Linen blend suit and wrinkles

Does anyone have any experience with cotton / linen blend suits? How much do they wrinkle compared to a 100% linen suit? Does the cotton help keep the wrinkles under control? I have been looking for a lightweight and cool summer suit. I like the coolness of 100% linen but I can't get over the wrinkles.
    Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

I don't have a suit, but I have a cotton/linen sport coat from JCrew, and a full linen sport coat. The cotton/linen gets moderately wrinkled from daily use compared to the linen. In fact, I refuse to wear the fully linen one now...

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am looking at the Suit Supply cotton / linen suits but can't decide. Will stay away from 100% linen.
      Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

I have a few linen suits and pants (also from J. Crew) and they always end up getting dry cleaned. The jacket is fine for a few wears, but the pants get really messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
          I have a few linen suits and pants (also from J. Crew) and they always end up getting dry cleaned. The jacket is fine for a few wears, but the pants get really messed up.
          I like pure linen, but it's expensive to wear, for this reason. I steam in between wears. That helps, but very little. Either way, nothing like a linen suit.
          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
            Either way, nothing like a linen suit.
            Indeed. Especially on a muggy New England summer day.

Comment

I'm a fan of wool-linen, I have 3 sportcoats and 1 suit in this blend. Still wrinkles but not as much as pure linen. Also, a heavier pure linen won't wrinkle as bad as the cheap stuff.

Comment

I love pure linen. Yeah, it wrinkles like crazy, but I really like the effect. In my wardrobe, I don't have a cotton blazer because I feel linen can flex into any casual setting BECAUSE of the wrinkles. It feels so good, too. Linen suits are equatable to cotton suits in my book... only better.

Comment

Working...
                X